Heated wing mirrors not working

Realised this week that neither of my heated wing mirrors are demisting. They both adjust ok on the control knob but nothing when I turn it to demist. I have plugged my Carista in and looked at mirrors and they are set as yes to come on with the rear demister. i don’t have a rear demister and I have read that if this setting is on then the rear demist overrides the wing mirror switch, is this correct and could this be the issue? I would need to pay a tenner to reactivate Carista to change it so only want to do this if that might be the issue.

cheers

I did have a dig guessing you had a T6 and mostly the power routes through the mysterious J719 onboard power supply module

But SC30 and SC17 are mentioned so maybe check those?

SC17 seems more likely as SC30 seems to feed a lot of other things including then adjustment motors which you said were working fine.

Ok following some more reading I took a punt on a 1 month subscription on my Carista and then switched the setting for mirrors so the heated mirrors don’t come on with rear demister. For the record it worked and I now have my heated mirrors back controlled via the mirror adjustment knob!

Moral is if you don’t have a rear demister screen then make sure this setting is off as otherwise your heated mirrors will not work at all.

I just did the same and have “fixed” my heated mirrors. Annoyed I spent an hours labour at the garage for them to not be able to fix this, but glad it’s now working. Don’t know how I missed it with previous Carista checks. Thanks for confirming above. It made me go and take another look.

Back