Stitches and Steel Awning C-Rail

I had something very similar on the side of my roof tent that allowed me to slide in my Fiamma F35.

For the money I think it is worth a purchase.
Will feedback when it comes.
They’ve got some smart looking stuff on their website.

For the money I think it is worth a purchase.
Will feedback when it comes.
They’ve got some smart looking stuff on their website.
They do have some nice stuff, and the web site is pleasing to the eye, I keep going back to the site to look at those 18" steel Amarok rims they sell :thumbsup:

Tempted to order the B1 kit and rail, but don’t think it’ll get any use till the spring. Like the stealthyness of the rail.

Nice one. Maybe the hole spacings are different in the LWB, might be a case of drilling out some more holes???

Nice one. Maybe the hole spacings are different in the LWB, might be a case of drilling out some more holes???

Yes. I think that’s what it says on the web page. I’m just hoping there’s not a bit flapping over at one end unsupported.

I ordered a C section awning rail from S+S earlier in the summer.

The pre-drilled rail came in three separate sections.

None of the pre-drilled mounting holes had been deburred, and none of the 'cuts' between each section had been deburred.

One section of rail had been 'scuffed' creating sharp tooth-like edges on the outer edge of the c section.

It was poorly packaged such that one end of one of the 'c' section rails was crushed and had became an 'e' section.

Not a naysayer, but naturally I wasn't happy, though perhaps this was just a one-off experience :(

I ordered a C section awning rail from S+S earlier in the summer.

The pre-drilled rail came in three separate sections.

None of the pre-drilled mounting holes had been deburred, and none of the 'cuts' between each section had been deburred.

One section of rail had been 'scuffed' creating sharp tooth-like edges on the outer edge of the c section.

It was poorly packaged such that one end of one of the 'c' section rails was crushed and had became an 'e' section.

Not a naysayer, but naturally I wasn't happy, though perhaps this was just a one-off experience :(

Oh dear. Not what I wanted to read. I’ll see what mine is like when it arrives.
Did you get it replaced ?

Oh dear. Not what I wanted to read. I’ll see what mine is like when it arrives.
Did you get it replaced ?

I got a full refund - and still have the poor quality/damaged parts which remain unused.

They were very apologetic - but didn't offer to replace the damaged/poor quality rail with good.

Some of their kit looks really good - I was considering getting one of their awnings but somewhat deterred now.

I am sure there must be lots of satisfied S+S customers out there who can say otherwise...

There is now a note on their website:

Please note: The aluminium awning rails may need the burrs filling before installation. A small file will make light work of this.

Back