Step / Guide / dumping ground to Lining, Sound-Deadening and Insulating

For my floor mate, I have covered it all with deadening then this:
natura_sonic_gold_acoustic_underlay.
Ontop of that I have some.. but as mentioned have to consider your floor type.

It's on me list to get done :thumbsup: I've been busy spending my overtime money on the van ,insulation, diesel heater ,mud flaps and swivels .
Heard work is going to go silly when we get back due to wanting to move prisoners into this new prison so chaos means cash :D this van will be ready before summer 2017
Cracking job there chap. Wish I'd have had the time to do mine myself, but the present Mrs DaveyB insists that I do not have the time, as the plastering, painting, floor laying and kitchen fitting are not going to do themselves. :(

Cracking job there chap. Wish I'd have had the time to do mine myself, but the present Mrs DaveyB insists that I do not have the time, as the plastering, painting, floor laying and kitchen fitting are not going to do themselves. :(
It's hard work renovating a house and holding down a full time job I've done it myself only just finished this one and bought it in 2011
I feel your pain m8.
Working away all week then coming home to work on the house not fun

Started on mine in 2007, still at it and its only a two bed end of terrace :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: Working on the second bedroom at the mo, I get carried away addind new sockets, plastering all the walls, building cupboards etc.

@andythom188
Popped up to Classic Accustic today and got a material for front/rear, top-to-bottom of bus.

Front and rear floor deadened and 5mm dense foam insulated. Ply cut and ready to lay.
Sides and roof tomorrow morning then onto next stage..:thumbsup:

@andythom188
Popped up to Classic Accustic today and got a material for front/rear, top-to-bottom of bus.

Front and rear floor deadened and 5mm dense foam insulated. Ply cut and ready to lay.
Sides and roof tomorrow morning then onto next stage..:thumbsup:
Good work @Fish I've never been upto classic accustics, you do know about the campermart show in Telford on 29th January ? Could pick some nice stuff up for the van and it's local for us :thumbsup:
I'm going for a nosey with a bag of cash just in case :D

Good work @Fish I've never been upto classic accustics, you do know about the campermart show in Telford on 29th January ? Could pick some nice stuff up for the van and it's local for us :thumbsup:

Morning mate,
Yeah, will be at Camper Mart bud. Looking forward to getting more ideas...:whistle::thumbsup:

@andythom188, surely you can't have either (a) anything left that you possibly need to buy, or (b) any bags of cash left? If you keep finding "bags of cash" lying around your going to find yourself in permanent residency at that prison you are currently involved in building.

@andythom188, surely you can't have either (a) anything left that you possibly need to buy, or (b) any bags of cash left? If you keep finding "bags of cash" lying around your going to find yourself in permanent residency at that prison you are currently involved in building.
I need a table and some kind of storage for sides like nets for kids stuff , the bag of cash will be a very small bag after what I've spent this week , I've also got me westfalia towbar being fitted Tuesday so need to stop this spending ;)

Just had mine back from the converters and too be honest I'm a little disappointed as I can't really notice any difference in the reduction of noise. How affective is this sound deadening? Considering we are driving a vehicle with the aerodynamic characteristics of a brick along with a large empty area, as mine is nearly always empty (Kombi).
I won't name them as I'm going back Monday for another issue but they are suppose to be one of the best around and are now fully booked up to the end of the year.
The finish is outstanding and visually it's stunning, it's just not what I was hoping for performance wise.
Here are a couple of pictures they sent during the build (which was a nice touch). My main concern was looking at all of yours and other places they didn't apply the Skinz coating to the wheel arches and the panels don't look like they have every bit that could of been covered covered. I asked why they didn't cover the arches and they said it didn't need it as the carpet material they use has acoustic absorbing properties and it would affect the finish. I find it hard to believe this carpet that is only about 3mm at most thick could reduce the road noise from the arches. Please feel free to comment.
IMG_0159.JPG IMG_0161.JPGIMG_0164.JPGIMG_0160.JPGIMG_0167.JPGIMG_0168.JPG IMG_0185.JPG

Just out of interest, have they sound deadened the underside of the wheel arch?.
Some companies remove the wheels, wheel arch trim and the stick sound deading to underside of arch, after being throughly cleaned.

The benefit of this to to keep the shape and form of the interior wheel arch, for a smoother carpet finish..

Most noise comes up through the wheel arches from tyre noise etc.. the carpet alone IMO, would not stop this..

Has anyone taken apart a California to see how and to what level they are sound proofed and insulated from the factory?l've just redone the sliding door, and I'm sure it's now noisier than before ! Is the material transmitting more road noise?I'm sure the boffins in Germany have a better idea than ourselves on what and where the insulation etc should go. I spend all my spare time casually sticking more and more material to bare metal with no real idea what I'm doing.

Just out of interest, have they sound deadened the underside of the wheel arch?.
Some companies remove the wheels, wheel arch trim and the stick sound deading to underside of arch, after being throughly cleaned.

The benefit of this to to keep the shape and form of the interior wheel arch, for a smoother carpet finish..

Most noise comes up through the wheel arches from tyre noise etc.. the carpet alone IMO, would not stop this..
Ill ask if they did it this way.
If they didn't, is it easy enough to do the underside of the arch your self?

You need to remove the arch liner behind the wheel to do it, not overly difficult but you will want to take the wheel off for access then there is about 8 screws holding it on mostly screwed into plastic

T
You need to remove the arch liner behind the wheel to do it, not overly difficult but you will want to take the wheel off for access then there is about 8 screws holding it on mostly screwed into plastic

Thanks @Pauly

Cheers @Pauly i think I'll give it ago.
Do you know if the front can be done like this too and which thickness Skins you can use between the arch and the liner so that your able to screw the arch liner back on.

Back