1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Step Guide Dumping ground to Lining, sound deadening and insulation

Discussion in 'Interiors, Seating, Lining' started by Mupp3tt, 24 Aug 2016.

1. spook

spook Member VIP Member T6 Pro

silent coat

2. Fish

Fish Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Please find cost on acoustic material for your T6 lwb
    1.2x2mts barrier with adhesive £17.00 each 5 required
    1x2mtsx25mm class o foam with adhesive £25.00 each 5 required
    1.2x2mtsx12mm class o foam with adhesive £21.00 each t4 only
    4 way stretch carpet 1.4 mts wide £6.00 per mt 13mts required
    5mm foam underlay 1.5mts wide £4.80 per mt 2.8mts if ply floor is fitted
    500ml spray adhesive £3.00 each 10 tins required
    Delivery £46.00 1 pallet
    All the above + 20% vat
    I will send you some pictures of vans we have fitted at the work shop
    We also have a full fitting service swb full rear acoustics and carpet from £680.00 + 20% vat
    Thanks Paul Collins
    Classic Acoustics Ltd
    Tel 01952 587360

3. Fish

Map
    The post above is fully recommended, used on T5GP. Self adhesive. Completed mine in 24hrs.

My advise is Heat.. get the van interior warm to start with..then use a heat gun to help with adhesion and manipluating(sp) the sound deadening material.

4. andythom188

andythom188 Senior Member VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    And so it begins Xmas out the way out comes the silent coat and dodo.
    So far it has taken 16 panels of silent coat to do this rear panel and wheel arch , time for a nice big fry up for lunch then back to it :thumbsup:

IMG_1570.JPG IMG_1568.JPG IMG_1567.JPG IMG_1565.JPG IMG_1559.JPG IMG_1563.JPG

superflyguy, StudleyGlass and Fish like this.
  5. Fish

Map
    Excellent effort.

andythom188 likes this.
  6. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
  7. andythom188

Map
    Both rear sides done so that's the hardest bit over, would have had more done but in laws came round so had to come in and see them :(

Fish likes this.
  8. andythom188

Map
    Thank you for the kind words @Fish nice to see another Shropshire t6 owner on here

9. Fish

Map
    Thanks mate, I have just been thinking I should start mine now.. especally after seen you start.. but I too have had inlaw troubles..:whistle:

10. DaveyB

DaveyB Senior Member Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    I've only got those same issues to look forward to tomorrow.:thumbsdown:

andythom188 and Fish like this.
  11. andythom188

Map
    All sides ,sliding door and rear hatch have had silent coat and dodo applied,
    Took the van out yesterday with just the silent coat done and was very disappointed with results but have applied the dodo insulation today and just been out in the van omg what a diffence it has made well worth the £129 spent.
    I've used 40 sheets of silent coat to do both sides, sliding door and rear hatch,
    Has anyone sound deadened there kombi floor and insulated ? IMG_1584.JPG IMG_1585.JPG

Fish likes this.
  12. andythom188

Map
    @Pauly would there be any need to silent coat and dodo thermo liner the floor of the kombi or is that over doing it ?

13. Pauly

Pauly Senior Member Admin Moderator VCDS User

Map
    I did mine but mainly because i bought too much stuff so used it up on floor, i cut strips of silent coat and put in the 'troughs'
    If you put thermal liner down the floor mat wont fit properly, it lifts the flooring and because the edges are slightly chamfered it leaves a gap all the way around

14. andythom188

Map
    I've used the full 40 sheets of silent coat up but got a fair bit of dodo thermal liner left might double up the insulation on the sides then to use it up

15. StudleyGlass

StudleyGlass 150 DSG Kombi Highline Moderator VIP Member T6 Legend

Map
    Fine job your doing there sir. It will be well cosy for the family :thumbsup:

andythom188 likes this.
  16. Willoughby

Willoughby Member VIP Member T6 Pro

andythom188 likes this.
  17. andythom188

Map
    I've also got a diesel night heater to fit if I get time before I go back to work :thumbsup:

How's that paint protection is it easier to clean and does the water bead well on it m8

Last edited: 30 Dec 2016
  18. StudleyGlass

Map
    No rest for you then kid ;)

Yes all seems fine with the coating. I have done 2 cleans (even tho the roads are black!) cleans of fine to a nice finish, paint still looks good still. I have found that when it rains it wash the sh$t off, but as you no its a mess out there at the moment.

19. andythom188

Map
    It's on me list to get done :thumbsup: I've been busy spending my overtime money on the van ,insulation, diesel heater ,mud flaps and swivels .
    Heard work is going to go silly when we get back due to wanting to move prisoners into this new prison so chaos means cash :D this van will be ready before summer 2017

Fish likes this.
  20. StudleyGlass

Map
    Wish i had some free time to do some work on mine but i have commitments and work so have no free time and i dont think it will change anytime soon so will have to have mine done for me.
    I need to run it for a bit and get some miles on it to make sure all is fine before i spend money on it really. Easier said than done tho ;)