1x2mtsx25mm class o foam with adhesive £25.00 each 5 required
1.2x2mtsx12mm class o foam with adhesive £21.00 each t4 only
4 way stretch carpet 1.4 mts wide £6.00 per mt 13mts required
5mm foam underlay 1.5mts wide £4.80 per mt 2.8mts if ply floor is fitted
500ml spray adhesive £3.00 each 10 tins required
Delivery £46.00 1 pallet
All the above + 20% vat
I will send you some pictures of vans we have fitted at the work shop
We also have a full fitting service swb full rear acoustics and carpet from £680.00 + 20% vat
Thanks Paul Collins
Classic Acoustics Ltd
Tel 01952 587360

The post above is fully recommended, used on T5GP. Self adhesive. Completed mine in 24hrs.

My advise is Heat.. get the van interior warm to start with..then use a heat gun to help with adhesion and manipluating(sp) the sound deadening material.

Both rear sides done so that's the hardest bit over, would have had more done but in laws came round so had to come in and see them :(

All sides ,sliding door and rear hatch have had silent coat and dodo applied,
Took the van out yesterday with just the silent coat done and was very disappointed with results but have applied the dodo insulation today and just been out in the van omg what a diffence it has made well worth the £129 spent.
I've used 40 sheets of silent coat to do both sides, sliding door and rear hatch,
Has anyone sound deadened there kombi floor and insulated ?IMG_1584.JPG IMG_1585.JPG

It only rests in place so lifts right out but in the rear you need to remove side steps and rear seats and same in the front, steps and seats, not sure about handbrake though and I did side at a time and didn't remove totally
@Pauly would there be any need to silent coat and dodo thermo liner the floor of the kombi or is that over doing it ?

I did mine but mainly because i bought too much stuff so used it up on floor, i cut strips of silent coat and put in the 'troughs'
If you put thermal liner down the floor mat wont fit properly, it lifts the flooring and because the edges are slightly chamfered it leaves a gap all the way around

I did mine but mainly because i bought too much stuff so used it up on floor, i cut strips of silent coat and put in the 'troughs'
If you put thermal liner down the floor mat wont fit properly, it lifts the flooring and because the edges are slightly chamfered it leaves a gap all the way around
I've used the full 40 sheets of silent coat up but got a fair bit of dodo thermal liner left might double up the insulation on the sides then to use it up

Fine job your doing there sir. It will be well cosy for the family :thumbsup:
I've also got a diesel night heater to fit if I get time before I go back to work :thumbsup:

How's that paint protection is it easier to clean and does the water bead well on it m8

Last edited:
I've also got a diesel night heater to fit if I get time before I go back to work :thumbsup:

How's that paint protection is it easier to clean and does the water bead well on it m8

No rest for you then kid ;)

Yes all seems fine with the coating. I have done 2 cleans (even tho the roads are black!) cleans of fine to a nice finish, paint still looks good still. I have found that when it rains it wash the sh$t off, but as you no its a mess out there at the moment.

No rest for you then kid ;)

Yes all seems fine with the coating. I have done 2 cleans (even tho the roads are black!) cleans of fine to a nice finish, paint still looks good still. I have found that when it rains it wash the sh$t off, but as you no its a mess out there at the moment.
It's on me list to get done :thumbsup: I've been busy spending my overtime money on the van ,insulation, diesel heater ,mud flaps and swivels .
Heard work is going to go silly when we get back due to wanting to move prisoners into this new prison so chaos means cash :D this van will be ready before summer 2017

Wish i had some free time to do some work on mine but i have commitments and work so have no free time and i dont think it will change anytime soon so will have to have mine done for me.
I need to run it for a bit and get some miles on it to make sure all is fine before i spend money on it really. Easier said than done tho ;)

Back