Steering Wheel Change

There’s actually not a huge amount of info on DIY fitment of upgrades, plenty of people have swapped existing MFSW for different styles etc
I was working on a MFSW with a member last night funnily enough and we had a few issues with it not working (we suspect wrong button loom) when this is resolved you can expect a write up and a couple pics explaining the procedure but basically it’s straight swap of the old wheel for new one (with correct buttons/loom/airbag) then you need to install two additional wires from steering wheel connector back into the dash, more details to follow when resolved ......

no apology required..was just taking the wee!

I bought mine on ebay (£79), you just have to keep an eye out and pounce when the right one comes up. there are a few variants though, so make sure you get the one that matches your vehicle.

I ve found a workshop in the midlands who will change it fo you and add the electrics in order that all the buttons work. They do the audio upgrade as well so it s worth considering for me, They are going to get back to me with a price. I live on Merseyside and there doesn’t t seem many places I can find that do the audio and I am also after a heater for the van the fitters are all far away as well. I will eventually get it all sorted. Thanks for the advice

Back