Steering column label/build sheet with PR codes

willythepooh

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I read some where that this label says whether the van is tow bar prepped or not
Code 1D7 yes
1D70 no
( or something along those lines )
Mine is different and what is tow bar prepped anyway ? Ready for a kit by any chance ?

E1240F80-1CA4-4791-B7FA-F55E4DB82BFC.jpeg

1D7 = with towbar prep
1D0 = without towbar prep

looks like 1D0 cut off in the bottom corner of the picture ?

This is with towbar prep

IMG_8280.jpg

Hi Everyone, sorry to be resurrecting an old thread but any ideas what 1D1 may mean? Thanks Gary

1B5801BD-6742-42C2-A2F0-5E0CFAF9928C.jpeg

answering my own question it looks like the code for a fixed tow bar, guess means it was installed at factory? Found this….https://www.volkswagen-vans.co.uk/idhub/content/dam/onehub_nfz/importers/gb/downloads/price-guides/transporter/transporters-pl.pdf which is for the T6.1 but guessing they haven't changed much

Yes it’s a factory installed tow bar.

You can use sites like VAG Option Codes to decode individual option codes.

1D0 AHV Without trailer hitch.
1D1 AHV Trailer hitch.
1D2 AHV Trailer hitch, removable and lockable.
1D3 AHV Trailer hitch.
1D4 AHV Trailer hitch, manually swivelling.
1D5 AHV Trailer hitch (pintle hitch).
1D6 AHV Trailer hitch.
1D7 AHV Trailer hitch preparation.
1D8 AHV Trailer hitch preparation.
1D9 AHV Trailer hitch, power-folding.

Hi does the 1D1 mean I also have tow/trailer prep. I have this under the drivers seat which I think read is the trailer module? 7BFA2740-F0BB-41A8-B853-59756A04C42C.jpeg

I also have this next to the battery with a load of other wiring which looks like after market tow wiring. I’m a little confused to say the least. Any help would be massively appreciated C4061D38-8BF9-4B9A-939A-D1CF6ED4AA34.jpeg

Nothing like that o can find stuck to the van
Should be stuck under dash above pedals.

Failing that, there should be another stuck to the van user manual.

And failing that, get a Forum VIP membership - one of the perks is to get your van build sheet with VIN. Build sheet is not exactly same thing as the label but carries essentially the same information, all options installed to your van in factory.

Should be stuck under dash above pedals.

Failing that, there should be another stuck to the van user manual.

And failing that, get a Forum VIP membership - one of the perks is to get your van build sheet with VIN. Build sheet is not exactly same thing as the label but carries essentially the same information, all options installed to your van in factory.
@Fazersmart replied here to a link I’d posted instead of posting on his thread.. I’ve moved his post over, but TLDR it looks like he doesn’t have one on his T6.1.

The big sticker is what you get on T6’s they don’t come on 6.1s

As a VIP member you can send me your vin number and I will sort a build sheet for you with all the details on

Back