Starting Battery Health

Caravelle Dan

VIP Member
Hi, my Start/Stop is sporadic at best (I'm not overly concerned as I would rather it never worked!) Plus I have a random issue with one of my sliding doors looking comms to door. It was suggested by someone they had a similar issue with a door and it was caused by a poorly charged battery.
I plugged my OBDeleven in to check the battery health and this is what I found (see pic) I dont really understand some of the figures but it does appear to be down. The car starts even on the coldest of mornings first crank.
Is the battery on borrowed time? I dont mind changing it if thats the case just dont want to bin a healthy battery if these figures are not that important.
The screen shot is taken with the engine running after a 10 mins drive.
Any advise would be appreciated. Thanks.Screenshot_20230228-100810_OBDeleven VAG.jpg20230212_112422.jpg

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned. There are loads of reasons your van will prevent stop start operating. Because of the smart alternator system, the battery is deliberately not charged to 100% to allow charge to be dumped back to it via regenerative breaking.

I'd suggest the issue with the door lies somewhere else.

Personally I wouldn't be too concerned. There are loads of reasons your van will prevent stop start operating. Because of the smart alternator system, the battery is deliberately not charged to 100% to allow charge to be dumped back to it via regenerative breaking.

I'd suggest the issue with the door lies somewhere else.
Excellent, thanks for the feedback. These modern cars aren't half complex haha, I usually just changed a battery when it would start anymore!

Battery- Looks like about 62% battery health...

So will need looking at soon.

More on battery:

Battery- Looks like about 62% battery health...

So will need looking at soon.

More on battery:

Thats the post I read through last week. I just wasn't sure at what level it might give issues. The battery voltage does seem to drop to around 11.7V when engine is stopped but thats with the ignition on so there will be a pretty large draw on it.

Back