Squeaky Rear Kombi Seats.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
My van has developed a squeak over the past few weeks coming from the rear. It only happens when driving along slower road through towns which are normally in bad state of repair.
Today I needed to pick up some materials so removed my rear seats. Now the squeak has gone so it must be the rear seats that are squeaking.
Has anyone else experienced this and if so have you found a fix ?

Definitely on the list but B14’s have jump to the top as I caught my roof bars yesterday on a 2m barrier. No damage as such but they are now yellow on top.

sit people on the seats and drive around for a bit,it will settle the seats into the brackets and stop them squeaking.if you can"t kidnap any people try bags of sand.:D

My drivers captain seat was squeaking and got progressively worse, it was starting to ruin the enjoyment of the van, especially once my van was soundproofed and insulated.

In the end I took the seat out, turned it upside down and liberally applied WD40 Dry PTFE spray to as much of the mechanical mechanism that I could get to. I put the seat back and the squeak had completely gone, that was 3 weeks ago and it's still lovely and quiet. :cool:

Back