SPOTTED - 'Was it you?' thread

I've been over here in France, Spain and Switzerland for nearly 3 weeks and seen loads of T6's and even met a forum member at a site in Switzerland in his Silver Cali, and another owner that purchased her T6, and drove it straight to a body shop for a full colour change to a really nice retro Blue, and full matching camper interior. That camper is going in the VW Bus magazine as a main feature.
Sadly I'm in my Motorhome and missing my T6, but I'm home tomorrow, so I will be jumping straight into mine for my VW fix. :mexican wave:

Whats the Bala pilgrimage?
I've got a place there and see loadsa t5's and t6's..

Spotted again this time in Wales - its weird knowing people have taken pictures of me and I didnt know at the time.

62F69116-33D4-4B3D-9519-9FA1D21A4BDD.jpeg

Saw a yellow T6 in either Austria or Slovenia GO MTB (can't work out how it was done), presumably a mountain biker. We crossed going opposite ways so I didn't even catch whether it was British, but it rang a bell, anyone on here?

@DaveyB I'm guessing it was you on the M25 with two toppers in tow! Van looked great! I was a bit shocked how low it was! :)

Hope you had a safe trip home, traffic wasn't great coming from Felixstowe!

@DaveyB I'm guessing it was you on the M25 with two toppers in tow! Van looked great! I was a bit shocked how low it was! :)

Hope you had a safe trip home, traffic wasn't great coming from Felixstowe!
@Phantom I certainly was on M25 on Sunday evening between 18:30-19:30:thumbsup:

Was that you that went past me towing a dinghy with the mast almost touching your roof?

We’d been at Marconi Sailing Club for the weekend. Man has that place got a vicious tide!

Yeah it does sit low, surprising how comfy it is at that height though. Even got some “respect” shown by an Essex boy in a pimped up VW Golf with wheels that sat outside the arches and camber that a drift car would be jealous of. He came past on the M25 and was giving big thumbs up.

Yeah it does sit low, surprising how comfy it is at that height though. Even got some “respect” shown by an Essex boy in a pimped up VW Golf with wheels that sat outside the arches and camber that a drift car would be jealous of. He came past on the M25 and was giving big thumbs up.[/QUOTE]

Bet that made you feel younger DB?

@Phantom I certainly was on M25 on Sunday evening between 18:30-19:30:thumbsup:

Was that you that went past me towing a dinghy with the mast almost touching your roof?

We’d been at Marconi Sailing Club for the weekend. Man has that place got a vicious tide!

Yeah it does sit low, surprising how comfy it is at that height though. Even got some “respect” shown by an Essex boy in a pimped up VW Golf with wheels that sat outside the arches and camber that a drift car would be jealous of. He came past on the M25 and was giving big thumbs up.
Yup that was me! You gave me the thumbs up as I went past which was nice! Anyway van stood out and I guessed it must have been you! Mast no where near..... several inches ;-)

Bet that made you feel younger DB?[/QUOTE]
Great to be down wiv d youff.:laugh:

Yup that was me! You gave me the thumbs up as I went past which was nice! Anyway van stood out and I guessed it must have been you! Mast no where near..... several inches ;-)
Yeah saw the T6 approaching from behind so got the advance “out the side window” wave ready.
Was that the Phantom on the back? We play this really sad game in our van called “name that dinghy”, don’t reckon any of us said Phantom. In all honesty I can’t remember what we did say as we were talking about your van, as the Mrs said “it hasn’t got a tailgate window”, to which I pointed out “neither does @Fish’s, so your point being what dear?”, conversation was a bit stifled after that.:rofl:

Yeah saw the T6 approaching from behind so got the advance “out the side window” wave ready.
Was that the Phantom on the back? We play this really sad game in our van called “name that dinghy”, don’t reckon any of us said Phantom. In all honesty I can’t remember what we did say as we were talking about your van, as the Mrs said “it hasn’t got a tailgate window”, to which I pointed out “neither does @Fish’s, so your point being what dear?”, conversation was a bit stifled after that.:rofl:
Ha funny, yes good game! Was indeed a Phantom returning from the Nats at Felixstowe! Windy event and big tide but good turn out and very enjoyable! Was confident with toppers and pimped van must have been you! Passed a few toppers so guessed an areas or qualifier etc. Hope they did well! I quite like not having rear window but parking more interesting as sensors like Mrs work when they feel like it :)

Ha funny, yes good game! Was indeed a Phantom returning from the Nats at Felixstowe! Windy event and big tide but good turn out and very enjoyable! Was confident with toppers and pimped van must have been you! Passed a few toppers so guessed an areas or qualifier etc. Hope they did well! I quite like not having rear window but parking more interesting as sensors like Mrs work when they feel like it :)
Excellent, how did you fare?
For the Toppers it was National Series #1, son got 84 out of 130, so not too bad, daughter not so good 114, but then it is her 1st event on the 5.3 sail as she is transitioning from the 4.2

Back