SPOTTED - 'Was it you?' thread

Excellent, how did you fare?
For the Toppers it was National Series #1, son got 84 out of 130, so not too bad, daughter not so good 114, but then it is her 1st event on the 5.3 sail as she is transitioning from the 4.2
That's good as was a windy and tidal and some serious competition and I'm guessing older kids. But atleast they are getting better I'm getting worse 4th last year 7th this year! I'm a little lighter than some of the big guns so wanted a nice F2-3 but got 20 - 25knts and needed weight to get through the short chop upwind and downwind legs where I'm quick were short as with tide. But a really good event!
You do get around! Where next?

That's good as was a windy and tidal and some serious competition and I'm guessing older kids. But atleast they are getting better I'm getting worse 4th last year 7th this year! I'm a little lighter than some of the big guns so wanted a nice F2-3 but got 20 - 25knts and needed weight to get through the short chop upwind and downwind legs where I'm quick were short as with tide. But a really good event!
You do get around! Where next?
Yes, every single person but 3 ahead of him are squad sailors in 1 guise or other.
Draycote Water this Saturday, Banbury SC (home event) for a local Northants Youth series race Saturday after. Then it is Pitsford Water (Northampton) the weekend after that, and Carsington (Nottinghamshire) the weekend after that.
Sounds like we had the same level of wind as you, being just round the Kent/ Essex coast. We were on 22 gusting 26, with 6 knots of tide. Lots of chop as well, but short wavelength so constant hammering.
Still, you’d beat me no probs.

Yes, every single person but 3 ahead of him are squad sailors in 1 guise or other.
Draycote Water this Saturday, Banbury SC (home event) for a local Northants Youth series race Saturday after. Then it is Pitsford Water (Northampton) the weekend after that, and Carsington (Nottinghamshire) the weekend after that.
Sounds like we had the same level of wind as you, being just round the Kent/ Essex coast. We were on 22 gusting 26, with 6 knots of tide. Lots of chop as well, but short wavelength so constant hammering.
Still, you’d beat me no probs.
Wow busy times! Northampton quality for camping basically park anywhere! Good lake! They are lucky having such a cool van, I used to get delivered in a 240 GL Volvo ;-)

Silver Hillside Birchover seen yesterday at Callow on Ringlinglow Road, Sheffield, anyone from here?

Parked next to me at Tydrom at the green wellie stop on Monday mid afternoon . Didn't look inside but had a poptop so must be camper inside am assuming IMG_20181001_144836.jpg

Just spent the last weekend Up-Norf from London.

Newcastle area was the destination, . . . . . to sample the local delicacies of "Chip&Gravy" and "Brown Ale".

on the way up the A1 Motoryway on friday we saw these guys.

So if it was you, hello from us. . . . . . . . . Cracking Vans BTW.

20181109_152243.jpg 20181109_152256.jpg 20181109_152304.jpg 20181111_121434.jpg IMG-20181110-WA0029.jpg

Our chips&gravy come with "batter bits" too . . . . . . . ? tho it was very nice after a few Ales =]

its seems the other local dish was:

Saveloy dip: north east…

f130dba9-c938-45c7-aa14-064cd8df94a3.jpgGoogle

Everyone knows it’s difficult to photograph fast food, but this image is particularly repulsive. Not quite as adventurous as it sounds and hopefully not as disgusting as it looks, this north east staple is a smoked sausage sandwich which is dipped in gravy or fat, before being bedded in stuffing, mustard and pease pudding (a local spread made from split peas).

Some of the amazing things you can get in chip shops around the UK and Ireland - BBC Three

And just for balance . . . . .

here is my local delicacie.

Pie and mash:

Pie and mash is a traditional working-class food, originating in London. Pie, mash and eel shops have been in London since the 19th century, and are still common in East and South East London and in many parts of Kent and Essex. The shops may serve stewed or jellied eels.Wikipedia

i dont do eels, but do love a bit of chilly-vinegar on them-thar-pies =]

manzepie-web.jpg

Our chips&gravy come with "batter bits" too . . . . . . . ? tho it was very nice after a few Ales =]

its seems the other local dish was:

Saveloy dip: north east…

View attachment 31561Google

Everyone knows it’s difficult to photograph fast food, but this image is particularly repulsive. Not quite as adventurous as it sounds and hopefully not as disgusting as it looks, this north east staple is a smoked sausage sandwich which is dipped in gravy or fat, before being bedded in stuffing, mustard and pease pudding (a local spread made from split peas).

Some of the amazing things you can get in chip shops around the UK and Ireland - BBC Three

You can keep that one thanks.:sick:

Nothing wrong with the pie and mash......... What the hell is that green stuff?

@Dellmassive Chilly vinegar????? What is this amazing product and where do I get myself some?

Chilli Vinegar is awesome stuff . . . . . all the local Pie shops sell it.

my local sells there own "homebrew" under the counter in a recycled 250ml water bottle . . . lol.. checky sods.

anyway just to give you an idea I've found a link for the same kind of thing . . . .

Chilli Vinegar 140ml | Our chili vinegar is perfect with Goddards pie mash & liquor and fish & chips

and

Shop/Products : The London Pie and Mash Company Limited

the-london-pie-and-mash-company-limited-chilli-vinegar-02.jpg

Back