Split Charger Relay Advice Please

t6 steve

T6 Pro
he every one can anyone help me looking for some advice on split charging system I have bought a duritc split charger 12 volt /140 amp I used one these in my t5.1 with no issues at all so thought id buy one again but since joining the forum [been very helpful] I have found out it might not be suited my the t6 charge system something to do with alienator battery etc .my battery is a moll efb 5ta 915 105 b . if that means anything. it means nout to be im afraid any help or advice would be apricated I don't want to upset my alienator etc. and yes I cant spell

I suggest that you do a search on here simply for 'charge', it will come up with many discussions on this subject.

In a nutshell you don’t want a split charge relay but a battery to battery charger. As Rod says do a search by typing into the search box top right corner - there are pages and pages on this subject.

Can't help but notice in your post , you say you have a moll battery , alot of members on here have talked about there being a recall on that make of battery as it tends to die , again a quick search will have you a solution

Sorry it may not be a recall but a replacement under warranty of the battery as they failed to hold there charge

hi thanks for the advice you saying that couple wks back it did go flat I only ad the van couple of months and its got things on my previous vans did not have on so still learning do not know there was a battery charger for the leisure battery ] something else iv got to look into .so would the moll battery need to be replaced under the warranty I don't know what the warranty actuary covers been ad one this up to day think theres about 14 months left on it but il have to check the services are up to date to warrant it. thanks again if anyone can throw more light on the moll battery would apricate it .suppose new battery wouldn't come cheap thanks again steve

does any body know if i can use an on /off rocker to control my smart split charger or do i need a relay

he every one can anyone help me looking for some advice on split charging system I have bought a duritc split charger 12 volt /140 amp I used one these in my t5.1 with no issues at all so thought id buy one again but since joining the forum [been very helpful] I have found out it might not be suited my the t6 charge system something to do with alienator battery etc .my battery is a moll efb 5ta 915 105 b . if that means anything. it means nout to be im afraid any help or advice would be apricated I don't want to upset my alienator etc. and yes I cant spell
I have a duritc smart split charger fittted to my T6 , which is supposed to be made for the stop start blue motion, it works up to a point until you turn the engine off, then the starter battery drains the leisure battery and then the leisure battery drains the starter causing double drain if left for a while , the answer i have found is to disable the smart charger separating the two batteries whilst the engine is off, just not sure if i need a relay

I have a duritc smart split charger fittted to my T6 , which is supposed to be made for the stop start blue motion, it works up to a point until you turn the engine off, then the starter battery drains the leisure battery and then the leisure battery drains the starter causing double drain if left for a while , the answer i have found is to disable the smart charger separating the two batteries whilst the engine is off, just not sure if i need a relay
If the relay remains closed when the engine is off then it's not been fitted/configured properly. A Relay, whether it's smart or not will never charge your leisure battery fully. Consider replacing it with a DC-DC charger. Loads of info on here.

Back