Split charge cabling & sunroof drain pipe grommet issue

R0n1n

Discovered today that cannot run EHU/split charge cabling through the 'usual' grommet behind the starter battery as my van has a sunroof and that's where a drain pipe grommet is fitted.

Only other holes I could see (no grommets) fed in to the wing.

Removed the battery tray as some cables disappeared under the tray but they disappeared in to the side of the van out of sight (couldn't see or feel for a grommet there either).

I've tried using forum search but haven't found the same issue (so far). I'm hoping I've missed another obvious way in..?

There is a rubber or plastic blank in the drivers side (UK) bulkhead panel, behind the air filter in the scuttle. This would be the ventilation inlet on a left hand drive vehicle.

Thanks for the reply and this is definitely another way in to the front cab? I'm guessing removal of the entire scuttle is necessary (I've seen the posts regarding sound deadening etc this area). Thanks again

Thank you, I appreciate the response. For me personally, that would be a last resort :unsure:

I saw a Travelvolts PDF on an older post mentioning a grommet, under the sound deadening on the passenger wheel arch, I'll explore this route.

You also have a rubber grommet in the floorpan where the gear change cables pass through.
I haven’t looked to see how much access there is and there are better options.

There is another entry just behind the battery, passenger side wheel arch behind the sound proofing , around bottom of glovebox height is another grommet , push cable through pops right out behind the battery ..

Funnily enough, just checked this grommet and it already has a cable in it arrgghhh! Followed what I think is the same cable in the engine bay and it runs along the wing towards the front of the vehicle and then I lose sight of it. Regardless, not enough room left for a split charge and arctic cable. Balls! But thank you for your post.

Back