Spare Wheel Security Not A Problem Use The ''wheel Lock''

Hi, i make and supply the T6 forum shop with the ''wheel lock'' or bolt shroud as known here.

As you are all aware it's a very common problem to have these wheels stolen so here's a quick and cheap solution to stop this from happening.

The ''wheel lock'' or shroud as its known on this forum prevents your spare wheel from being stolen when used with a security bolt. Your security bolt will be shrouded by the ''wheel lock'' preventing it from being undone with pipe/mole grips.
There's a welded nut on the side of the Wheel Lock to stop it being turned anti clockwise.
Which could loosen the bolt. Align it as shown in the picture shown below in Red.
upload_2018-9-9_14-58-48-jpeg.28154

Make sure you grease the bolt thread to stop it rusting then tighten the security bolt to at least 60 ft/lbs or 81 newton mtrs.
Any questions or comments just ask ??

Is there a reason you can’t just use a “standard” 3rd party locking wheel nut bolt. A bit dearer usually than the specific spare wheel one, but there are very many more locking head configurations. The standard “VW” type all appear to be of broadly the same security key (3 pins/ holes). If near-do-wells are thieving T6 spare wheels, I’m guessing a standard bolt and key set purchased online would enable them to easily undo & steal.

Thanks ... yes ... but can one use an ordinary after market shorter locking bolt which will have more key variants than the one with three pins? I like the shroud ... as you say, stops molegrip attacks.

Absolutely though the locking bolt is very long compared to a wheel bolt so not sure on other available options

You can buy lockers that have a free to rotate outer section, could be interesting

Hi, i make and supply the T6 forum shop with the ''wheel lock'' or bolt shroud as known here.

As you are all aware it's a very common problem to have these wheels stolen so here's a quick and cheap solution to stop this from happening.
The ''wheel lock'' or shroud as its known on this forum prevents your spare wheel from being stolen when used with a security bolt. Your security bolt will be shrouded by the ''wheel lock'' preventing it from being undone with pipe/mole grips.
There's a welded nut on the side of the Wheel Lock to stop it being turned anti clockwise.
Which could loosen the bolt. Align it as shown in the picture shown below in Red.
upload_2018-9-9_14-58-48-jpeg.28154

Make sure you grease the bolt thread to stop it rusting then tighten the security bolt to at least 60 ft/lbs or 81 newton mtrs.
Any questions or comments just ask ??
Hi Gary, are these still available? Thanks.

Alternatively, if you’re after the shroud as above, try this. I have one and looks to be the same. You will need the separate long locking wheel bolt, as mentioned in the listing, too tho.

Alternatively, if you’re after the shroud as above, try this. I have one and looks to be the same. You will need the separate long locking wheel bolt, as mentioned in the listing, too tho.

Ok, thanks

I think i still have some of the shroud ones if anyone is interested ?

Back