Spare Wheel Required

Bernie the Bolt

VIP Member
Hi All,
Anybody on here got a spare steel wheel they want rid of? I've just had the cage fitted to my 2016 204 PS Vel and would rather not have to pay dealer price for a new one. I'm running 18" alloys, not sure if that makes a difference or not, Cheers in advance.

Bernie

Screenshot 2019-03-16 at 20.56.59.png

Hi All,
Anybody on here got a spare steel wheel they want rid of? I've just had the cage fitted to my 2016 204 PS Vel and would rather not have to pay dealer price for a new one. I'm running 18" alloys, not sure if that makes a difference or not, Cheers in advance.

Bernie

View attachment 39053

Bare in mind that there isn't officially a spare wheel for 18" and most just use the 17, or even 16" wheels with a tyre that get's you almost to the same rolling radius. If you actually wanted an 18" spare, you'd have to buy an 18" Amarok Steel like this 18" VW Amarok - 2010 on Full Size Steel Wheel - Free Delivery | eBay But my line of thinking, is a spare wheel that fits, is better than no spare wheel at all. I'm running 19" wheels, with a 17" spare.

urgh FFS....my spare's been stolen. Fk'n bar-stewards.
I'm more annoyed with the fact I noticed a few months back that when the spare was refitted some time back I didn't think the locking bolt was used. So i needed to sort it and i've just not done it.
Where's the best place to get a new 17" spare and also what tyre size do these get fitted with.... I have no clue as my van has 18" sportlines and never looked at the spare that closely.

urgh FFS....my spare's been stolen. Fk'n bar-stewards.
I'm more annoyed with the fact I noticed a few months back that when the spare was refitted some time back I didn't think the locking bolt was used. So i needed to sort it and i've just not done it.
Where's the best place to get a new 17" spare and also what tyre size do these get fitted with.... I have no clue as my van has 18" sportlines and never looked at the spare that closely.

Steve at DubMotion Campers in Norfolk told me he’s got loads of spares lying around his workshop that he’s happy to give away FOC.

Steve at DubMotion Campers in Norfolk told me he’s got loads of spares lying around his workshop that he’s happy to give away FOC.

Mine has the bigger front calipers. Do all the 17” steels fit or do I have to be specific with which I get?

I’m fairly certain 16’s won’t but OEM 17’s do.

I’m fairly certain 16’s won’t but OEM 17’s do.

I had my spare stolen
17”
I bought a 16” t5 wheel off eBay to replace it, thinking that would be ok
Now I’m not sure if it will fit over brakes, will have to check soon!
I have t30 140 kombi

I had my spare stolen
17”
I bought a 16” t5 wheel off eBay to replace it, thinking that would be ok
Now I’m not sure if it will fit over brakes, will have to check soon!
I have t30 140 kombi
I’d imagine that you have the smaller brakes. Post up a pic.

Back