Some one has been a very naughty boy.

Let's not judge, he may have needed the toilet, wife in labour, late for an appointment !! Or maybe just riding into the sunset without a care in the world .

He was tailgating so wonder if the bloke in front got done as well...

VW California stopped doing 112mph on the A30, hope it wasn't someone on here

Twitter
Well spotted!
That is rather silly and where on earth did he manage get to that speed on the A30 - it's near gridlocked most of the time at the moment.

My book says 123mph max for our model - pretty quick for a fat camper.

I can only get 109 out of mine.

Just remember speed isnt the killer its inappropriate use of speed that is.

Indeed - 149 (couldn't quite get to 150!) in my R32 Golf and 135 (wasn't clear enough to go faster) in my M135i in Germany felt fine.
Was also driven 165mph by my FIL in his F355 on a local B road - that did NOT feel okay. I bricked myself!

No offence to the guys who have them on here but it has been my experience that Cally drivers (from what I have seen on the M4) do tailgate and drive fast I have no sympathy for them if they get caught they deserve it for being twats

No offence to the guys who have them on here but it has been my experience that Cally drivers (from what I have seen on the M4) do tailgate and drive fast I have no sympathy for them if they get caught they deserve it for being twats

None taken...! Sadly I think Calis are often bought more for image than being good campers. Some of the guys (and girls) on the Cali forum are complete tools which I think is often the territory with anything expensive. BMW attracts it's fair share of goons too.

I also see incredibly aggressive driving from new shape Range Rovers too - maybe when you buy anything over about £40k, you feel you own the road?

I certainly don't and go out of my way to smile, wave when people let me through and so on but I do see some miserable, rude idiots down here (it's a bit "in" here so plenty of wealthy and wannabee wealthy types around) in some expensive vehicles.

It's a shame really because the Cali is a great van but can be let down by "considerably richer than yaaaow" owners.

No, they will usually give you the option unless u really take the piss.
I got caught at 130mph (apparently) a few years ago on my bike, I was only in 3rd gear
That was on an empty dual carriageway though

The officer states in the tweet disqualification. I thought it was 120 mph instant ban?

The officer also mentioned tailgating so I guess that and the speed added together increase the likelihood of the disqualification.

Chances are the Cali was behind the police car, not right but sometimes the car in front does bug you and cause you to drive faster than you normally would.

Oh and not all Cali drivers are twats

Back