Stop/start not working on my VW T6 Transporter, any advice, please?

Taustray1993

Hi, my Stop/Start function on my VW T6 has stopped working and I just get an error message when I turn the ignition. I've taken it to some local mechanics, who have been next to useless. Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do, please? I know that some people aren't bothered, but I quite like the stop/start function.

Start with a scan for codes.

This may be due to battery, alternator.

Wheel speed sensors.

Steering angle sensors.

Etc etc.

Post a few pics

Have you tapped into the fuse box to power up stuff? I.e. satnav, dashcam? My T6 had exactly your fault. Vw couldn’t find the fault. I had tapped into the fusebox to power up satnav, dash cam and sub (although not main supply). Altogether it was drawing to much current and logging a Satart/ Stop error.

Have you tapped into the fuse box to power up stuff? I.e. satnav, dashcam? My T6 had exactly your fault. Vw couldn’t find the fault. I had tapped into the fusebox to power up satnav, dash cam and sub (although not main supply). Altogether it was drawing to much current and logging a Satart/ Stop error.
Oh, my mistake. It's true that I haven't touched the fuse box to power the device. Many thanks.

Back