Some one has been a very naughty boy.

Not strictly, but is in most cases, a ban if you exceed any stated speed by 30mph it all depends on the mitigating circumstances presented at court.

How do you actually manage to do that speed on the A30? Always like a car park when I'm that way ......

I confess I have done speeds like that in the past, on straight stretch of road not far from where I worked I tried out a Mondeo ST or something like that, got up to 110 or so, not something I was proud of or the time I too a Sierra up to 120 on the A34. needless to say it was a long time ago and the traffic was either light or non existent. I would not recommend any one try it on the roads now especially a van. I've seen a lot of tail gating on motorways from cars van's and lorries alike and the thought of something happening makes me cringe. A few weeks ago a woman & two kids were taken out not far from where I work by a lorry driver looking at his phone. He shoved them into the truck in front and got jailed for his actions. That Cally driver could easy do the same at those speeds. One thing if he just kills himself another if some one goes along as well through his stupidity.

I mostly drive defensively these days, as a boy racer thought nothing of speeding, until I got six points, that slowed me down!

My record, M40 when the Oxford link opened, 1989, Southampton to Bewdley, no coppers, no speed limit, was still an unadopted road, no services, 140 miles in 1 1/2 hours at 2am, tuned up Opel Manta!

3 figures will land you in court justifying your speed to a magistrate. A convincing tale may save your licence but it'll still be heavily loaded with points. A speed awareness course is highly unlikely for those sort of speeds.

Been having a nose on the California Forum as see a couple on there see no problem in doing that speed, just hope it does not become a problem for them if they do it. :speechless:

Been having a nose on the California Forum as see a couple on there see no problem in doing that speed, just hope it does not become a problem for them if they do it. :speechless:
There are some absolute tools on that forum which ruins it for the rest. Sadly one of them runs it...

Last edited:
I happen to work with the Sgt involved in this particular tweet. I have no intention of joining the debate over on the other forum but for those of you that have read it and are wondering about the validity of arguments around social media and the other stuff that is being posted condemning Sgt Tangye for tweeting this... I would encourage you to spend a few minutes watching this. Cause this is why we use any and every means to get the message out there. I appreciate that the circumstances described in this video are very different to someone caught speeding however speed forms part of the "fatal five" things that significantly contribute to fatal and serious injury collisons. I also apologise in advance if this post violates any forum rules. If it does I will happily remove it.
Cheers n gone

You know, this thread is disturbing.......wtf is wrong with these people? I don't care what they drive.........anyone who's never seen a smashed up, eviscerated body is missing a great lesson! You'd be amazed........I never kept a tally but it felt like it was usually the t**t behind the wheel that lived and the poor innocent bastards minding their own business who paid the price! Trust me, at times it was difficult to stay professional and impartial! For everyone else's sake.......he needs the kind of punishment that'll make him think twice about doing that again!
Rant over!

Back