[Solved]Horn not working, all other buttons & illumination MSFW working...

Thanks.
Maybe you could post the photo of your MFSW ?
And what about cruise control? Is it controlled via stalk or MFSW?
Also I would like to see your INSTALLATION LIST in 19 CAN GATEWAY.

Reactions: mmi
Yes,as I wrote earlier, LIN communication is available, the buttons of MFSW working properly. I wonder if there is any measurement block in the BCM that will show if the horn is triggered by LIN as it is with the other buttons of MFSW? Has anyone found something like this?

Yes,as I wrote earlier, LIN communication is available, the buttons of MFSW working properly. I wonder if there is any measurement block in the BCM that will show if the horn is triggered by LIN as it is with the other buttons of MFSW? Has anyone found something like this?
There is a post on here where someone was fitting a Polo wheel and had loads of trouble with the horn. Turned out to be a defective wheel if I recall. He swapped it with a mate for a trial and the different wheel worked fine in his van.
Sorry, can't remember the thread though.

ACC MFSW!
T6 never had factory fitted flat bottom wheel ;).
This is going to be very interesting.
@dnoermann is your expert :thumbsup:.

Reactions: mmi
I was under the impression that a wheel with ACC button would not work with a van without ACC, although I don't understand why.
Well out of my sphere of knowledge.

As you can see in the VW Wiring Diagram.
When MFSW is used than:
The Horn is connected to the Buttons, Pin 4.
And the Horn needs Ground on the other side.
Than the Horn is Pressed information is transferred to the BCM via lin.
After MFSW is equipped is coded in BCM this should work.

is it possible to check in the BCM measuring blocks that it has been pressed? Wiring set part no. 7E0971584C - I checked it several times.
I checked the installation in the steering wheel, the grounding is correct, the white-blue wire is correctly connected, I checked with the meter whether there is a short circuit between the white-blue and brown after pressing. Unless the resistance is too low or too high? Has anyone ever measured what the resistance should be on this system?

white-blue to brown needs to be very low, since the Horn is a simple Switch that Closes this.
I never measured but i expect 1 Ohm or less.
For a test you can dirrectly connect white-blue to brown ...

Not shure if there is a Measurement Channel for Horn ..

Your coding:
Subsystem 3 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 442 A HW: 7E0 959 442 A Labels: 3C8-959-537.CLB
Component: E221__MFL-DC1 H02 0103
Serial number: 29160000155850086113
Coding: B0FFFF

My coding:
Subsystem 4 - Part No SW: 7E0 959 442 A HW: 7E0 959 442 A Labels: 3C8-959-537.CLB
Component: E221__MFL-DC1 H02 0103
Serial number: 29150002355190075477
Coding: B4FFFF

I am not shure what the difference is, but try my Coding: B4 instead of B0
Probably this enables the Horn Function in MFSW

Not related to Horn, but:

Address 01: Engine Labels: 070-906-016-AXD.clb
Part No SW: 070 906 016 HW: 028 101 073 2
Component: R5 2,5L EDC G000SG 5947

What the f*** :)
The 2.5l 5 Zylinder EDC16 Engine ?
In which country was this car sold ?

Ah :) (custom conversion to T6 2019)
cool work

BCM Coding Byte 17 is 0x94
That can not work
Your Engine does not support GRA or ACC via MFL.
And with ACC buttons even GRA is not possible.
Change that to 0x90 and install GRA via left holder.

And with that Engine the Linbus from MFL needs to be connected to BCM T73b pin 17, not 36
with coding change Byte 29 from 0x60 to 0x00

And with that Engine the Linbus from MFL needs to be connected to BCM T73b pin 17, not 36
with coding change Byte 29 from 0x60 to 0x00
I checked one moment ago, nothing, bloody horn via horn plate not working. Tomorrow I checked with other BCM (from T5.1).

Back