Solid panel tailgate with no release handle inside.

Kerbmyalloys

Hi to everyone,
New member who has been enjoying and learning from all the posts and information on here. Thank you. Waited 6 months for a 4motion DSG 204 Highline T32 Kombi with twin power doors and sun roof in indium grey with heated seats. Whats not to like? Well better not turn my first post into a book but overall very happy. Unfortunately VW dealership does not have the same attention to detail as i do and i feel i am being some what fobbed off with answers. So to help me clear up one of them does anybody have a tailgate with a solid panel (no window) which has an internal handle. Mine does not and have been told because there is no wiper the electrics are not there to provide an internal handle? Would of thought it was a legal requirement as there is a baulkhead with no exit and you can lock yourself in. Any advice welcome.

I know standard panel vans don't get them and standard kombis do, it's an option on the VW configurator/ordering system to add one on to vehicles that don't have them
Thankfully it's pretty easy to add one on but a bit pricy to do it with VW parts especially if you want child lock

Thanks for that. Asked about it when was ordering the vehicle and was told it came with a handle. So the answer i was given about there is no electric to operate it because of no rear wiper was BS as i thought then. If it was genuinely the case then fair enough but no one enjoys being lied to. So just to confirm it should of had one as standard and would be there responsibility to put one on?

So if I have this right..
You have a factory kombi with panel van tailgate?.
If that is right then you have no internal opening pull open handle or latch pull button.

Having looked into this also with Listers who are not the most upto date or knowledgable with regards to parts and options..
They have informed me there is NO wiper motor cover for solid panel tailgate. They do not offer (or didnt offer me) a retro fit internal handle like a window tailgate, not available.

However like pauly said it can be done but once again comes down to cost and justification..

Yes factory Kombi with panel van tailgate with nothing inside to open it. It appears to me that they generally make it up as they go along which has lost my trust now in everything they tell me. Would be nice to clear this one up for any others who may also get this problem. Do you think they should be putting a handle on at there expense and not mine? Or is this wishful thinking on my part.

Don't think they will do it for free anymore, when T6s first came out they were getting fitted under warranty as appeared an error now it's known it's by design they don't seem to do it anymore but defo worth a try

My understanding is that kombis get them and PVs don't but you have opted to remove the (standard on a kombi) glazed tailgate and this seems a knock on from that, wiring is inside the tailgate that can be tapped into to add a button, if you go aftermarket will cost you about a tenner for a button and a bit of wire so prob not worth going to town in your dealer for it

Back