Solar panels & battery charger

Cooksta

Hi all,I have x2 100w 18v 5amp solar panels on the pop top connected to control unit to keep battery topped up, I have added 240v plug via consumer unit for a smart charger for when we’re on hook up,but the smart charger is drawing power from the battery, how could I stop this?.Any advice would be received greatfully

Hi all,I have x2 100w 18v 5amp solar panels on the pop top connected to control unit to keep battery topped up, I have added 240v plug via consumer unit for a smart charger for when we’re on hook up,but the smart charger is drawing power from the battery, how could I stop this?.Any advice would be received greatfully
Can you post some pics of your setup? There’ll be some electric wizards along shortly.

Yes, what he said.

Post some pics.

Chargers won't take power from the battery they are charging.

How do you know the charger is using battery power.?

So you have a battery monitor?

Are you running an inverter?

As when I connected the charger it lit up and my digital read out started going down as there was no power going to the charger from hook up

So I want 240v smart charger on hook up and solar panels when off grid but when the smart charger is connected to the battery but not on,it will light up by drawing power from the battery how do I stop it

What smart charger is it?

Post some pics.

Assuming it's not a Victron, ctek, Noco,?

So when smart charger unplug it is drawing power from the battery, what do I need to do to stop this but allow charger to charge when on hook up

CDC80798-EC45-4DE6-B6EE-BD53D35F6ECC.jpeg

61A1B9AE-9511-4E16-981D-A6319FCECB0F.jpeg

A1A0A191-FC0E-4D70-99E2-DBAEC3C53DD2.jpeg

Yep. That charger is the problem. (My noco, ctek or Victron don't do that)

Swap it out for a decent known brand.

Is Victron, ctek etc.

See here,

And here:

Back