Software Upgrade... EGR FAULT

I had my update a few weeks back now and don't really know what the point of it was ? I thought it was to stop the regen process happening so much but if anything it seems to be happening more than before. I guess it was to sort out these management faults that some people have had with there vans.

I had my update a few weeks back now and don't really know what the point of it was ? I thought it was to stop the regen process happening so much but if anything it seems to be happening more than before. I guess it was to sort out these management faults that some people have had with there vans.
Is there anyway to tell if your van has had the update? I had my van for a month before I started getting the P0401 code had a Carbon clean done didn’t fix it also removed the front cooler pipe to check for blockage but looks ok to me. Can’t get an appointment at VW until 15th Feb it’s doing my nut in! Paid 31k for a van and I’m worried about driving it

Is there anyway to tell if your van has had the update? I had my van for a month before I started getting the P0401 code had a Carbon clean done didn’t fix it also removed the front cooler pipe to check for blockage but looks ok to me. Can’t get an appointment at VW until 15th Feb it’s doing my nut in! Paid 31k for a van and I’m worried about driving it
If your van is throwing up a warning light and is still in warranty call out VW assist, the dealers are a waste of oxygen.

If your van is throwing up a warning light and is still in warranty call out VW assist, the dealers are a waste of oxygen.
I’ve turned the light off 18 times now it’s no longer under warranty been quoted £1600 to fit a new one (EGR) been recommended by lots of people just to get it deleted but I’m torn on the matter.

Managed to get VW all in had VW assist out twice 2nd guy was great told me how common the EGR fault is on them. When the dealers finally carried out investigation they’ve come up with an oil consumption test and charged me £99 x 2 diagnostic fees plus £22 for 2 litres of oil which will will be refunded to me if it’s proven it’s manufacture defect I now have to drive 600 miles then take it back to them to test the oil then go from there.

Back