So This Happened Today.

Lord Mfwic

I'm Batman.
T6 Legend
Started the van this morning and there was a strange wining noise coming from where the engine lives.
Thought to myself, no idea what that is and it's bloody cold outside so called VW assist.

48262C75-DA75-44B8-895B-D351FE1054B5_1_201_a.jpeg
Nice man turned up an hour later, opened the big flat panel above the engine, checked for a dead cat and came to the conclusion it was my alternator tensioner. Told me it needed to be an immediate repair and booked me in with VW Wrexham.
So, off to VW Wrexham I go. Once I got there I told them about all the other problems with my van, heater blower not working, sliding door not releasing when open and leaking sliding windows (2nd set).
To be fair, they were very helpful, made a list and then this little thing turned up for me to use till mine is fixed.
A04D6914-3CD9-4F36-A526-63528E108AA2_1_201_a.jpeg

Can't see me getting a tower scaffold in the back of that though.

Started the van this morning and there was a strange wining noise coming from where the engine lives.
Thought to myself, no idea what that is and it's bloody cold outside so called VW assist.

View attachment 57451
Nice man turned up an hour later, opened the big flat panel above the engine, checked for a dead cat and came to the conclusion it was my alternator tensioner. Told me it needed to be an immediate repair and booked me in with VW Wrexham.
So, off to VW Wrexham I go. Once I got there I told them about all the other problems with my van, heater blower not working, sliding door not releasing when open and leaking sliding windows (2nd set).
To be fair, they were very helpful, made a list and then this little thing turned up for me to use till mine is fixed.
View attachment 57452

Can't see me getting a tower scaffold in the back of that though.

Its stories like this that make me wonder if I should extend my warranty when it runs out this year.

Its stories like this that make me wonder if I should extend my warranty when it runs out this year.
I'm thinking the same thing but whilst I was at VW another nice man showed me a shiny new T6.1 and said I could have the nice dash with the flashing lights if I buy a new Shuttle. He also showed me some pretty colours I could have.
I like shiny things and pretty colours so now I'm thinking it might be time for a change.

I extended mine when we bought it, 1 week into the extension and I had a £1k steering rack so it's paid for 3 times over.

At that calculation i'm guessing around £350 to extend it. Is this a VW warranty and is it pretty much the same as what we get for the first 3 years?

If I recall when my BMW warranty was about to expire, the dealers sent me a quote which wasn't overly expensive. I assumed VW do the same, but it is a commercial, so might be a different situation.

Just looked at mine from link...
All components
100 excess
12months cover

589£.

Seems ok when I consider cost of VW parts.

Just looked at mine from link...
All components
100 excess
12months cover

589£.

Seems ok when I consider cost of VW parts.

Mine is still under warranty, so the system won't give me a quote, but at the mileage I do, I suspect it will be the highest price increment they offer.
Even at your price, plus the extra £100 excess, that does seem a lot of money for a 'what if'

Thankfully I won't have to think about it until November and who knows what happens between now and then.

Mine is still under warranty, so the system won't give me a quote, but at the mileage I do, I suspect it will be the highest price increment they offer.
Even at your price, plus the extra £100 excess, that does seem a lot of money for a 'what if'

Thankfully I won't have to think about it until November and who knows what happens between now and then.
It wont give me a quote either. I wonder if it doesnt recognise my number plate. Might try with the one it had on when I got it.

It’s quoting me £1150 a year, think I shall try an independent warranty quote to compare.
Also it’s quite possible that the camper modifications would in any case invalidate a standard warranty.

I would hope that the Droitwich Listers would continue as they are and just accept it as an extended warranty with service as normal?.

Mines is now on 70,000 miles and I expect it will be over 80 by March. My understanding is all warranties only go up to 100,000 miles so doubt it would be worth it for me.
Used the configurator last night to build a new shuttle, didn't go crazy on the options but did want the new dash, came in at £ 41,000 plus VAT. Really don't want to go over the 40k price for what is a "company" van plus the road tax is a lot more expensive.
Might need to reconsider my options.:(

It will only quote for your reg within last 30 days of factory warranty

It wont give me a quote either. I wonder if it doesnt recognise my number plate. Might try with the one it had on when I got it.
It will show up when the van has less than a month to go under warranty.
I just purchased a years warranty for all component cover includes wear and tear for £640.00.
Scot

Back