Snow us your van...

Balls to that!!! Stop trying to defy nature. Do you not get a splitting headache after?
First ten duck dives are grim then you get used to it. It was heavy enough to knock me off mid duck dive twice which doesn’t often happen; got a couple of proper beatings but also a few fun, overhead sized waves.

First ten duck dives are grim then you get used to it. It was heavy enough to knock me off mid duck dive twice which doesn’t often happen; got a couple of proper beatings but also a few fun, overhead sized waves.
Well fair play to you. None of what you just said sounds fun haha. ;)

I must be more of a “summer guy”

Well fair play to you. None of what you just said sounds fun haha. ;)

I must be more of a “summer guy”
TBH it’s a bit mad and I often sit out there wondering what the heck I’m doing (like last night when I caught ONE wave in an hour...!) but the rewards are worth it and it’s quite a nice way of exercising. Only four of us out which is another benefit; it’s packed here in Summer!

@Polzeylad you sound no worse than that bald headed guy I saw walking through a village I pass on the way to work he was just dressed in his shorts and vest real hard man must be from up north ;)

@Polzeylad you sound no worse than that bald headed guy I saw walking through a village I pass on the way to work he was just dressed in his shorts and vest real hard man must be from up north ;)
I'm not really a cold weather 'ard bloke, just like surfing! I have naff all personal insulation so often due feel the cold. But the lure of surfing is strong...

Ignore that, found some that fit my 19" wheels and rated at 105.
I've read some really good reports on Nokian tyres, but I guess if anyone can get a tyre that works well through the winter, the Finnish can.

Ignore that, found some that fit my 19" wheels and rated at 105.
I've read some really good reports on Nokian tyres, but I guess if anyone can get a tyre that works well through the winter, the Finnish can.

I was keen on them too but couldn’t get hold of any!
Very pleased with my Goodyear Vector gen 2s though; similar sort of tyre.
And the Michelin CrossClimates on my Subaru are now available load rated for vans (took ages for them to come out load rated); also excellent All Weather tyres.
I think All Weather tyres have made Winter tyres (which are awful in mild weather) virtually redundant.

They are available on the net as 'in stock' but I've used loads of sites that say stock item, only to pay for them and be told there's a long delay because they actually weren't in stock.
So I will pop in and see my tyre man to see what he thinks.
Although not to your approval, I'm moving to 20s in the new year to get the correct tyres, but rather than *lose a fortune on the current wheels selling 2nd hand, id sooner find a good winter/all season tyre for my 19s and keep them for winter use only. (A little excessive for winter wheels, but at least I won't compromise on the looks through the winter, using the 19s)

Last edited:
I’d like a set of those but they don’t do them in the ridiculous size the 18” tires need to be on these things :/... maybe I can lobby for them!

Back