Sliding Windows, Left, Right Or Both?

Rupie

T6 Pro
I'm having Kombi style windows put in the sliding door and opposite in a couple of weeks time.
I want at least one of them to have the small slider in them for ventilation.

What are peoples thoughts on side? The conversion place tells me most people have it in the side opposite the door, this seems like common sense.

Is there any disadvantage to having them both sides? Is having one on the door side a potential security risk?

Cheers in advance!

That depends on if you leave that window open when the van is not deadlocked.

So if its deadlocked with it open and someone reached in, could they not open it from outside?
I'm never likely to leave it open when I'm not in it.

We have one both sides and we have never, ever opened the one in the sliding door.

I've got sliders on both, don't use them that much but its nice to have the option. I personally couldn't have just a slider on one side, but thats just my ocd kicking in.
You're van mate. Do it the way you like it. :thumbsup:

I have a twin slider so sliding windows on both sides.
I don’t open them after buying it last summer, within the first week it rained and leaked in. Ihad the whole window replaced under warranty.

I either put AC on or open the front windows when driving

I fitted opening windows on both sides, yet to use the van for camping though so can't say if we use them or not.

The only issue I've had is I fitted Van Shades blind and due to fitting a slider on the drivers side that pod sticks out a lot more than the rest. In hindsight if I new I was fitting their blinds I probably would have fitted a plain window.

I have openers both sides and the kids will open them both sometimes to get cool air in the back of my LWB.

Both side.. least that will stop the possibility of wanting another at a later date..it be done!

Sliders both sides, never opened them, not even to try them out,
to me they look poorly engineered and might leak if used.

Last edited by a moderator:
Sliders both sides and use them both every time we are away in the camper. The one on the drivers side is essential when cooking or boiling the kettle. The passenger side one is just for ventilation when it’s hot. I don’t have AC so both windows get opened when driving if required

Sliding on both sides. Open both when cooking if required. Good for air flow when static. Leave both open a crack at night when sleeping so the air can circulate. Me and the Mrs can't stand a stuffy van....

If you plan to sleep in the van then definitely both sides. The air circulation is better with both open than 1. Summer and winter the sliders are open if we're sleeping.

We have sliders both side. Kids like them open when we're driving. Mrs and I like them open when we're sleeping. Both get used a lot.

slider on the off side drivers side uk only here, use it all the time when parked up ..awning/canopy on the near side so no need for me to have an opener

Wow thanks for all the responses guys, I think both sides it is!
Cheers for all the feedback and comments, you're a good bunch! :)

Back