Sliding seats / bed

Thanks guys, I'm looking to source a bed so wanted to understand the T5/6 differences. I'll be ringing round next week.
I reckon the dimensions are the same; the differences appear to be cosmetic; different plastic moulding on the back, slightly different headrests. The rear tailgate of a T6 is quite different but that shouldn't affect the seat.

Shout if you need any photos. An excellent bit of kit IMO; very solid, useful storage cupboard underneath, two ISOFIX seats, seat belts, etc.
Be aware that the top of the seat (which folds flat) has a pair of seat belt housings that are higher than the rest of the seat; so a Cali rear shelf has two cut outs to accommodate them when you fold it flat.

Thanks @Polzeylad, pics would be good please. Did you self install?
I've purchased a T6 bed and now just need the runners to complete. Happy days...

Thanks @Polzeylad, pics would be good please. Did you self install?
I've purchased a T6 bed and now just need the runners to complete. Happy days...
Nope it came with the Cali we bought!
The van is a bit chaotic at the moment (we're in Potes in the Picos mountains); I'll get something up ASAP.

Meanwhile a check on the VW website has plenty of interior pics.

I've called Exploria a few times but there's been no reply. I'll try again next week.

Bank holiday w/end - -

Do they supply and fit / supply only. Any idea on prices please?

Well, they supplied and fitted ours during the conversion. I can't see why they'd not "supply only". But you'll need to ask. This from the invoice:
Seating / Bed
Supply VW California rear seat / bed system & floor rails: £3,200
Fitment of above bed & rails: £300
California rear sleeper pack: £410 (this being the support base and associated pad which extends the seat into a bed when it's folded down)
2" Mattress topper - available in different grades of foam to suit: £180

(& VAT).

Hope this helps. Mike

Thanks Mike, that's been very useful. I'll call them next week...

I'm close to having all the seat / bed parts I need apart from the front brackets that the "parcel shelf" sits in and swivel at the bed end. Are there any pics out there that details how the shelf and all the brackets mount and fit together?

I'd be tempted if the rails were longer. I need the seat to slide from fully back to fully forward.

I'm close to having all the seat / bed parts I need apart from the front brackets that the "parcel shelf" sits in and swivel at the bed end. Are there any pics out there that details how the shelf and all the brackets mount and fit together?

I could take pics of ours - but I'm not quite certain what you're asking for. By "shelf" do you mean the fixed bed extension?

The uberflex looks ace that but the price is eye watering. I guess you get what you pay for tho.

It seems to me that once you get past wind-deflectors the price on everything on the transporter makes your eyes water.

Seat system and pop-top are our biggest spends after the van itself. Neither were areas I wanted to skimp on because if we all don't sleep well we'll use the van less. Rail system made sense to us as the van will be the family car and we want the kids close to us and it gives us the rear storage on trips without having an LWB that doesn't fit on our drive. We've cut (or maybe just delayed) a few other things we wanted as this ended up high on the list for us.

To be fair I was bloody shocked at the price of my wind deflectors as well! But alas I have since ordered a hilo. Now referred to in our house as the worlds most expensive tent :)

I'm considering a bed on rails and came across this:

Smart Bed Evolution 2 Rail rock and roll bed

Anyone got one? Any feedback. I believe the smart bed gets great reviews but can't find much on the rail system.

Might be a bit late now as this thread is a couple of months old but my van is in the process of being converted and the Evolution Rail is the seat/bed I chose.

The van should be finished in a couple of days so if you're still interested in feedback I'll be happy to let you know what I think when the van is back :)

Might be a bit late now as this thread is a couple of months old but my van is in the process of being converted and the Evolution Rail is the seat/bed I chose.

The van should be finished in a couple of days so if you're still interested in feedback I'll be happy to let you know what I think when the van is back :)
I’d love to hear what this is like... my van is going in in January for it and I’d like any info I can get... I’m getting two headrests for it as well... cheers :thumbsup:

Back