Sliding rear seat/bed unit?

gixermark

Hi folks,

Doing research for my likely ideal spec T6 camper….

I see the very odd van that has the rear seats/bed unit on rails…. But very few.

Are these generally not as popular due to safety? Or the type of units that this can be done with?

Not a biggy, but I’d assume with one of those you could get a mountainbike in the back with the seats forward?

I went for bed on rails so I can chuck bikes in if I need to. I looked at every option out there at a huge range of prices.

Start with a LWB van.

Then look for beds that are three panels rather than four. They tend to be shorter front to back in the seat configuration.

I was interested in the YoYo glide motion, but they stopped doing LWB. Then it was Titan, but they couldn’t be bothered with the extra work to fit to my 4Motion. In the end I went for Reimo Variotech, which was available fitted with 1 week lead time, certainly the easiest to operate, no fiddly locking process. Downside was price.

I can slide all the way forward (no rear passenger) and just put a bike in, or I could do a variety of options if I want to take wheels off. Or move it to the back, protect with a blanket, and throw bikes in the front. There are some pictures on my build blog.

I have a yo yo in a swb - very pleased with the comfort of the bed and the versatility I now have. Seat is low enough - I have a stealth low profile roof, and very simple to convert from seat to bed and vv

Hi folks,

Doing research for my likely ideal spec T6 camper….

I see the very odd van that has the rear seats/bed unit on rails…. But very few.

Are these generally not as popular due to safety? Or the type of units that this can be done with?

Not a biggy, but I’d assume with one of those you could get a mountainbike in the back with the seats forward?
No, it's because they are expensive!!

My LWB Highroof T6 with a Reimo Variotech seat/bed...

1681163016173.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks all…… wealth of knowledge on here!!

I had thought bike in van isn’t an option (for full camper) it’s all a trade off anyway…. If we want a ‘daily’ that could……. Sleep 2+2, and have basic kitchen…. Heat etc….. something has to give.

I was able to get my bike in the back of my jeep with front wheel off (back seats down) but become a pain when it got muddy….. so I invested in a decent tow bar carrier.

I love mostly everything about a T6 camper, albeit having ability to carry bike inside would be epic

I have a yo yo in a swb - very pleased with the comfort of the bed and the versatility I now have. Seat is low enough - I have a stealth low profile roof, and very simple to convert from seat to bed and vv
do you have any more pics at all please?

Thanks

that's great thank you much appreciated, is it comfy to sit on for passengers?

Yes - no complaints - and in the forward position it's looking keva car - they can see our the windows and talk with the front seat passenger

Back