Sliding-Door Sensor Issue since fitting DoorStore

nl1965

VIP Member
Fitted Kiravans door store to sliding door and now getting intermittent 'door open' icon on display. Pretty sure I have dislodged a wire, but where do I start on fault-finding?

door lock/position switches in integral to the lock mechanism.

other place to look is the pin connector from the slider to the body, - give them a good clean.

Only integral if its a highline with factory fitted alarm

If its a startline or a trendline (or doesnt have a factory fitted alarm for whatever reason) then check the little black button on the C pillar at the rear of the door, if the door is not pressing on it enough it will show as open on the dash, you should be able to adjust a little bit so the door is putting more pressure on the button and see if that fixes the issue

Thank you both for your responses gents. It is a Highline and has a factory fitted alarm and I now have a few places to start looking. As a very simple understanding of the workings of the sliding door lock, am I right in saying that the connections on the B pillar feed the locking mechanism actuators in the sliding door when in the closed position and contact is made. The actuators then apply the latches at the C pillar end via the two cables that run horizontally in the top and bottom of the door cavity? There is some multi-core cable running up the side of the door on the B pillar side that I presume is linking the connectors to the locking mechanism?

Back