Sliding door troubles

Wag86

T6F I need your help.

My van has twin slides and slam locks. I’ve managed to disconnect the slam lock on the drivers side but having a problem with the passenger.

I’ve followed the same steps as I did (remove a plate on the handle) but it seems as though something is at fault. The door locks/unlocks with the remote and with the van key in the handle but neither of the handles work. I can here the mechanism but nothing happens.

Any ideas?

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction please! Over the weekend something fell out of somewhere on my sliding door on kombi van! Now it’s really hard to shut does anyone recognise the part and point me in right direction on how to fix if poss?

43C0F3DE-FF7D-47B1-8D89-3F0D8C2F03F5.jpeg

Was wondering if anyone can point me in the right direction please! Over the weekend something fell out of somewhere on my sliding door on kombi van! Now it’s really hard to shut does anyone recognise the part and point me in right direction on how to fix if poss?

View attachment 199829
Looks like the roller from one of the Door supports, which would account for it being hard to close now.
Check all three for a missing roller (top, Middle & bottom)

I don’t think a repair is possible, simply replace whichever hinge has gone

Thanks for reply is there an easy way to check?is it obvious to see if it’s not there?

View attachment 199829
@Chippie1 - maybe 1 of these?

Last edited:
Thanks for reply is there an easy way to check?is it obvious to see if it’s not there?
The upper and lower rollers can be viewed fairly easily, the mid roller is covered with a long trim panel , but it should be possible to see if the rollers are intact.

View attachment 199829
Did you sort it out?
I have just had the same.
So I got one of the cheaper bottom roller guide (can tell why it's cheaper) changed it and it works fine so far!
now I have replaced the roller on my original one,
I just got replacement rollers from my local store and machined them to the correct dimension, had to make a sleeve for the inner bearing as it is slightly bigger than the factory maybe last longer. Then drilled and tapped the pin that it goes on, put some thread sealer on a stainless bolt and hopefully it should be ok. When it goes again it should be an easy swap.
IMG_9447.jpegIMG_9448.jpegIMG_9449.jpeg
The left roller is one of the repair kits off fleabay too small inner diameter, and the right one is what I used

Last edited:
Back