Sliding door jams open

timthetinyhorse

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Simple as that! Can’t get the door to close! Jammed fully open! I have just replaced the lower roller, reffiyed the spring plate, tested and and now jammed open

Any ideas?

F85EB931-0E5D-42D3-B450-FE0272D8E3BC.jpeg

Feel like this could be an issue with the new part, the top guide roller catches before it goes into the channel, it looks to be too tall……

91FA1C6C-7FAF-4189-8092-7621AC4F6497.jpeg

67F8D314-8D9F-4990-B9D8-C34C90BAE835.jpeg

Pull the bottom of the door away and up slightly from the bus and give it a gud tug(the door nothing else:whistle:)

Looking at your first pic - the hole in the centre appears to be higher than the one in mine:
Your right mine does look higher! odd as there isnt any real adjustment on it..........
I think there may be an issue with the new part perhaps as the lead guide roller is catching the guide as in the pic.
Going to try a better quality part I think and for now just avoid fully opening the door
3CC83A43-14F6-4D80-9867-8115F03923C7.jpeg03B29346-4A7D-48CC-AC7B-F20EF6C27D15.jpeg

Have a weird issue with my sliding door that I have never been able to get to the bottom of.

When I bought the van the lower roller was broken off so of course I replaced it thinking that would be that.....it wasn't! So the door works perfectly in terms of how it sits. It moves freely with no resistance and everything is great.....that is until it latches open!! now i had forgotten all about this issue for a while by being careful and using a bungie to hold the door open rather that latching it and then last week, click, door stuck wide open just before driving home with a van full of surfboards! looked and looked for a way to get it closed nicely. Lifted the door, pushed the door down, tried to adjust the angle of the rollers with absolutely no joy! In the end i had to force it and the guide roller jumped out of the channel, dragged it all the way and managed to close the door!

Once home I removed the latch from the guide, realigned the roller and still it wont slide in! bit of force and in she went, refitted latch and at least the door now moves again but i have to carry a set of splines and ratchet just in case I have to pull the door to bits again.

Has anyone else ever come across this issue or able to give any advice? Its driving me mad trying to work it out! can the upper guide be adjusted to perhaps take some weight off the lower?

Thanks

Have a weird issue with my sliding door that I have never been able to get to the bottom of.

When I bought the van the lower roller was broken off so of course I replaced it thinking that would be that.....it wasn't! So the door works perfectly in terms of how it sits. It moves freely with no resistance and everything is great.....that is until it latches open!! now i had forgotten all about this issue for a while by being careful and using a bungie to hold the door open rather that latching it and then last week, click, door stuck wide open just before driving home with a van full of surfboards! looked and looked for a way to get it closed nicely. Lifted the door, pushed the door down, tried to adjust the angle of the rollers with absolutely no joy! In the end i had to force it and the guide roller jumped out of the channel, dragged it all the way and managed to close the door!

Once home I removed the latch from the guide, realigned the roller and still it wont slide in! bit of force and in she went, refitted latch and at least the door now moves again but i have to carry a set of splines and ratchet just in case I have to pull the door to bits again.

Has anyone else ever come across this issue or able to give any advice? Its driving me mad trying to work it out! can the upper guide be adjusted to perhaps take some weight off the lower?

Thanks
Hi, I’ve got the exact same problem with sliding door on my T6 after replacing the lower rollers. Did you find a solution. Thanks!

Have you accidentally replaced it with a roller from a Kombi? They have a little latch that is released by the interior door handle.IMG_6399.png

Yes, that is the same as what I’ve replaced it with. I’d read a few reviews and owners had commented they are the same except for the latch. I take it there’s a difference? Thanks

Mine doesn’t have the latch, but I’m sure the latch is released by pulling the interior door handle on a kombi, so I presume that once the door is open and the latch engages if you don’t have the kombi handle mechanism you won’t be able to release the latch and shut the door. But I’m not actually sure how it works.

Thanks, the latch isn’t actually connecting to anything and just sits there loose. It seems to be more of a problem with the rollers themselves catching.

Hi, I’ve got the exact same problem with sliding door on my T6 after replacing the lower rollers. Did you find a solution. Thanks!
I had actually forgotten i made the original post and also the new post that I added later on this....issue persists and to be honesy I gave up and just dont open it all the way! I carry a set of splines just incase i manage to open all the way though and have to remove the latch to close!
Thanks, the latch isn’t actually connecting to anything and just sits there loose. It seems to be more of a problem with the rollers themselves catching.
Mine is deffo a roller or channel issue im sure of it but I need to start over looking at it as its been a long while now....im kinda suspect that the sprung section (that you remove to change the roller) may be at fault...... VOLKSWAGEN TRANSPORTER T6 (2016) SLIDING DOOR STOP LOWER LEFT 7H0843413C | eBay

Back