Sliding door issue.

Lynnietom

Hello knowledgeable people,
The off-side rear sliding door was catching on the bottom about a foot from fully closed. I had a look and the little wheel/roller on the mechanism wasn't rolling. Next thing a ball bearing or 3 rolled down the van and the wheel has pinged off!
Can anyone help me please? What part/s do I need and how do I get a new wheel/roller back on?
Thank you for your time.

Hi, just get a new bottom bracket with rollers attached. I changed mine and it was an easy job (just make sure you support the door well before removing the old one).
All the usual suppliers do them, I got mine off ebay and it was less than £20 delivered. You can obviously get a genuine part but will have to pay up.
I watched a how to video on YouTube which was great. If I can do it anybody can

Could someone show a picture of the roller part I need please (2017 T6 Kombi off-side)? There are so many and they all look slightly different. I'm not too bothered about it being a VW part just the right one!
Many thanks.

Hi, just get a new bottom bracket with rollers attached. I changed mine and it was an easy job (just make sure you support the door well before removing the old one).
All the usual suppliers do them, I got mine off ebay and it was less than £20 delivered. You can obviously get a genuine part but will have to pay up.
I watched a how to video on YouTube which was great. If I can do it anybody can
Could you send me a pic please? There are so many and all look a bit different. Thanks.

Hello. New to this forum, as not had a T6 before. I was just looking where to put my first post, when I saw this from a few days ago, which is exactly the same issue I have!! (Sorry to muscle in @Lynnietom). I have a 2017 Shuttle, with twin sliding doors. The Passenger side just fell, and the plastic roller trickled out onto the road. Can you remove and replace just this main bearing, or is it the whole assembly? Pic attached. Many Thanks20240211_162257.jpg

Hi, this is the part I replaced mine with. If you don't have the plastic part that sits on top with the cable as pictured above by cjf100 you need one without the spring catch that it clips into.
Make sure you get one for the correct side of the vehicle as they are handed.
I was expecting mine to fail quickly at that price but its holding up well.

Screenshot_20240212-060259_eBay.jpg

Hello. New to this forum, as not had a T6 before. I was just looking where to put my first post, when I saw this from a few days ago, which is exactly the same issue I have!! (Sorry to muscle in @Lynnietom). I have a 2017 Shuttle, with twin sliding doors. The Passenger side just fell, and the plastic roller trickled out onto the road. Can you remove and replace just this main bearing, or is it the whole assembly? Pic attached. Many ThanksView attachment 229540
I have seen just the rollers for sale but I want to replace the part that contains the rollers ie. the bracket.

Hi, this is the part I replaced mine with. If you don't have the plastic part that sits on top with the cable as pictured above by cjf100 you need one without the spring catch that it clips into.
Make sure you get one for the correct side of the vehicle as they are handed.
I was expecting mine to fail quickly at that price but its holding up well.

View attachment 229542
What I can't get my head around is whether I need the spring version and the hook bit. I know there is a hook as it keeps the door open but is it attached to the same bracket as the rollers? Will a T5 fit a 2017 T6??

Hi, as long as you get the correct side they will all fit a t5.....If you haven't got the plastic part with a cable attached (as pictured above) on top of the existing one you don't need the catch and spring.

Hi, as long as you get the correct side they will all fit a t5.....If you haven't got the plastic part with a cable attached (as pictured above) on top of the existing one you don't need the catch and spring.
I have a T6 but the brackets I've seen say T5. I need the spring and catch variety as I have the cable.

The one pictured in my post will fit a t5, t5.1, t6 and I am pretty sure a t6.1 also.
If you have the cable you want exactly that one.....if it's passenger (left side) of course.
hope that helps

This is a pretty good video to watch before you tackle the job. He waffles on a bit but gave me the confidence to do mine.

Back