Sliding door interior handle trim removal

Bigsidavies

Retired
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
I’ve searched the forum and scoured the net and can’t for the life of me work out how to remove the plastic trim around the interior door release on the sliding door. I just want to remove the outer plastic to be able to do some neat carpeting.
Someone explain it to me please.

pull handle as thought trying to open from inside.....remove small torx screw behind.... then carefully twist and faff to get it out...theres a clip in there too holding it on...your trying to remove without taking the lock unlock black button so to speak

pull handle as thought trying to open from inside.....remove small torx screw behind.... then carefully twist and faff to get it out...theres a clip in there too holding it on...your trying to remove without taking the lock unlock black button so to speak
Thanks for the info. I’ll try it later. Schoolboy error that-not looking for a hidden screw.

I've got no such screw. Any ideas on how to get it off?
Edit: figured it out. No screws, only two plastic clips holding it in place. One directly behind the handle and another directly behind the locking tab.
Pull inwards (towards the inside of the car) on the top to release the upper clip. Once that is free, lift straight up to release the bottom clip.

Last edited:
I've got no such screw. Any ideas on how to get it off?
Edit: figured it out. No screws, only two plastic clips holding it in place. One directly behind the handle and another directly behind the locking tab.
Pull inwards (towards the inside of the car) on the top to release the upper clip. Once that is free, lift straight up to release the bottom clip.
I have the opposite problem how to refit the sliding door handle trim , it’s nigh on impossible I’ve manage to get the lower clip to hold once or twice but the top clip refuses to get anywhere near fitting I’ve tried putting the clip in the hole first and sliding the trim on to it … got nowhere .. clips in trim first and then trying to pop them in seems the only solution but I Just cannot get anywhere near getting them both to pop in … anyone can tell me what I’m doing wrong ?

I have the opposite problem how to refit the sliding door handle trim , it’s nigh on impossible I’ve manage to get the lower clip to hold once or twice but the top clip refuses to get anywhere near fitting I’ve tried putting the clip in the hole first and sliding the trim on to it … got nowhere .. clips in trim first and then trying to pop them in seems the only solution but I Just cannot get anywhere near getting them both to pop in … anyone can tell me what I’m doing wrong ?
I had this problem. Eventually I realised that you need to put the clips in the trim first, then fit the trim. The lower clip clicks into the hole fairy easily. I couldn't get the top one to click in until I used a large flat bladed screwdriver to carefully lever the trim - insert the tip behind the handle beside the clip location use that as a pivot to lever the trim/cip in (probably should have used a trim tool but it didn't seem to mark anything).

I had this problem. Eventually I realised that you need to put the clips in the trim first, then fit the trim. The lower clip clicks into the hole fairy easily. I couldn't get the top one to click in until I used a large flat bladed screwdriver to carefully lever the trim - insert the tip behind the handle beside the clip location use that as a pivot to lever the trim/cip in (probably should have used a trim tool but it didn't seem to mark anything).
Great , mine popped together in the end through a huge amount of patience and determination… yes clips in trim first, then it’s just a matter of getting that top clip located correctly…. I dont recall how I did it in the end … hope to never need to do it again ..

Back