Sliding Door dropped?

VanMan48

T6 Pro
Hi

My sliding door mon my T6 has dropped I think as it won't shut properly and needs a good shove to push it shut. Is there a way of being able to fix this myself or is a dealer job?

Thanks!

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

Have you checked the bottom roller? I think that’s the one that carries all the weight, the top ones are just guide rollers. If it’s dropped then the bottom one is the main culprit.
It has 3 rollers, the main weight bearing roller is inside so get your hand under there and feel it. The bearing on mine collapsed completely and the plastic roller fell off. Cost me £17 and 15 minutes to replace it.
You can see the main roller in the centre of the three in this picture.
I’d start looking at that first.IMG_5332.png

I removed my bottom roller assembly today expecting to replace it as it‘s had 7 1/2 years and 60K miles of service.
The 1RS shielded bearing was near perfect, I soaked it in oil and good to go.
The main roller and both small rollers were worn by 0.3mm on the OD.
I refitted the original and it’s running smooth.
I’ve always kept the guide as clean as possible and avoided pressure washing in that area.

Do you do any lubrication @DXX or just keep it free of grit?

Interested as at 20k and 2 years I want to keep mine in good condition...

Do you do any lubrication @DXX or just keep it free of grit?

Interested as at 20k and 2 years I want to keep mine in good condition...
I had been using a light spray of silicone grease but depends on how dusty it gets.
I think the most important factor with the nylon roller wear is whether or not the body paint is still intact.

I've contemplated getting some dry lube for this as well, not sure if that's a good or bad idea but I need some anyway for some sticking house doorlocks

Back