Courtesy light interrupting leisure battery power

Zave

VIP Member
T6 Guru
This is a bit of a strange one or me being a numpty.

I got my interior lights wired through my factory leisure battery. Professionally done 5 years ago along with carpeting etc. I've not had a problem.

Fast forward to now and I've replaced the AGM with lithium myself and "tidied" up the wiring.

Now if I open/shut the sliding door during the courtesy period it appears to break all of the leisure battery circuits.

???

Lots of good info here on courtesy light wiring.

But I guess the first thing to do is have another look at your ‘tidying up’
Is the leisure battery -ve/GND circuit correct?

Simon

Lots of good info here on courtesy light wiring.

But I guess the first thing to do is have another look at your ‘tidying up’
Is the leisure battery -ve/GND circuit correct?

Simon
Yeah. I took a look at that thread and it blew my mind a little. As you say, it must be something with my "tidying up". I've got my head around domestic upstairs/downstairs hall way lighting before. Sure I can fix this with some trial and error.

I've checked everything and it's not the courtesy light that is the problem. I have isolated the problem to an interface between the CTEK250SE and my lithium battery. I've checked the CTEK wiring and it's all ok (including the black/red wire going to the positive to get the correct lithium charge profile). When I remove the CTEK everything works fine. I'll raise a new thread for this problem as the title to this one is now obsolete.

Back