Sliding door button

stupot

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hi all
Van went in VW dealer for a replacement sliding door module but they’ve not fitted the door lock button back on! Idiots. Hassle to go back as it’s 90 min round trip, so may fit myself if they send me one. Anyone know if it’s easy to do? It’s the button in the pic.
CheersIMG_4009.jpeg

Hi all
Van went in VW dealer for a replacement sliding door module but they’ve not fitted the door lock button back on! Idiots. Hassle to go back as it’s 90 min round trip, so may fit myself if they send me one. Anyone know if it’s easy to do? It’s the button in the pic.
CheersView attachment 225739
This thread may help:

Thanks! That is helpful. Update is the button is there… just buried in the hole under/behind the trim, god knows how they didn’t spot that… so I’m not risking faffing anymore, back to the dealer. I’ve removed my vanshade so that’s one less thing they can mess up! Anyone in the Northampton area avoid the local dealer!!

Hi, The button is attached to a threaded rod so can be adjusted by removing the surround. My button was fouling the plastic trim surround and not locking. The previous owners genius solution was to remove the trim it so did??
It turned out to be a really easy fix. The metal rod had bent slightly out of shape. I bent it back, unscrewed the button so it didn't disappear into the trim when locked, bit of silicon spray and it works like a charm.
Might save a trip to the dealers........Kev

Back