T6.1 sliding door paint & freezing locks

Johnny666B

Right it’s been a while, my 2021 Transporter is not 3 years old with 22k on the clock, it’s back with VW under warranty , doors won’t open at -3 all locks/ barrels and handles need sending from Germany, then re fitted & new handles been painted. (Recalled) That’s not the best bit. They put a new tyre on, not only was it not a matching the other 3 Vanco. They used a budget tyre and tried to charge me for a Vanco. Plus used the old valve from the old tyre. Now - I noticed when it was delivered in 2021 that the sliding door, never sat flush. It’s only when I went to clean it again. I noticed all the paint has gone and the sliding door is back to metal. VW are not what they used to be, with a new engine at 1200 miles. All this for £50k worth of van. I messaged VW 2 weeks ago about the sliding door & again today. Still no replies. Surley the paint shouldn’t be coming off a 2.5 year old van. Anyone else getting these issues.

IMG_7203.jpeg

IMG_7195.jpeg

IMG_7196.jpeg

IMG_7206.jpeg

IMG_7207.jpeg

IMG_7208.jpeg

IMG_7212.jpeg

Yes I had this issue too. VW weren't interested in resolving it under warranty. I had to take them to the motor ombudsman to eventually settle on paying 50% of the cost.

Went it went to the body shop, they confirmed the door was out of alignment.

VW told me that panel gaps are only covered for 6 months.

Seems like they're happy for a 50k van to start falling apart after that!!

Thanks for your reply, not just me then, my door sticks out, my pals all have T6s and my brother has a T6.1 to, they have had no problems, I’ve had from new, new engine and turbos, new locks and handles being fitted next week, I’m talking to them tomorrow about the paint. I’m not holding my breath, it’s okay.
I was looking at getting the ID buzz next, I’ve told them if my vans not sorted as it done 22k and not had its first MOT yet, I will take my business back to Ford. Feel we paying for the badge and heritage that clearly isn’t there anymore. Have you tried wiping your dash clocks, the plastic is so cheap it scratches. Luckily I spotted it on a rental, so cut and fitted a film from new. Shame I never put a clear sheild on sliding door. If it comes to it. I have a pot of block grey paint from when I had my bumper resprayed. I will paint in and put clear sheild on it. Like a sticking plaster on a T6.1 4motion, twin turbo, 7 speed DSG, upgraded led lights, detachable towbar, 6 seats and reversing camera bla bla, didn’t think that I would have to worry about, paint and locks or an engine from VW.
Feel like the product isn’t what it use to be.
My other pals with Fords just laugh. I could have had all the extras plus heated seats, saved £20k and had far less issues. Thank you for your reply.
My VW dealer has 250 Vw that they have to fix, they said they will take at least 2 months to get to
them.

Back