Fresh-Water pump help?

Sammyste

We have a pump in our brand new t6, that doesn’t work, it keeps dribbling water out of the blue bit at the top, and a jubilee clip isn’t keeping water from doing so.

My question is can someone else who has a similar set up show me what is wrong with this and what we could potentially do to fix it.

So infuriating when we’ve had the van 2 weeks and not once used the water

13AACC9C-CC5A-4D90-A794-1FB3FDE1652B.jpeg

It looks to me that the jubilee clip is so tight it has cut into the pipe. Take it apart and re-fit.

It looks to me that the jubilee clip is so tight it has cut into the pipe. Take it apart and re-fit.
The silver part is not a jubilee clip, the blue bit at the top is what we think is a rubber seal that’s part of the spout that goes into the hose

It would appear that the converter has pushed one hose inside another, not a great solution, more a bodge.
It’s brand new, get them to fix it and take a good look over the van for other poor workmanship.

Can you pull it apart so we can see the individual parts a bit better, or could that be fatal ?
The alternative is to wrap it in self amalgamating tape until you get a chance to take it back. That will only work if the two hoses are reasonably rigid.

Pete

Surely the black portion is not a hose - that is just a braided covering, over what though?. It needs a pic of it dismantled to see whatever the joint is supposed to be. It looks to me more that there is no hose clip clamping the blue hose to the pipe underneath.

Try 2 cable ties. Fasten one then fasten the 2nd one so it tightens at the opposite side. If it doesn't work simply snip them off and try something else.
Edit: scrub that, I see now you mean the blue bit above the silver collar. A bead of silicone?
Edit2: Plenty of PTFE tape might work if the pressure isn't too high.

Last edited:
Assuming you don’t have a constant pressure system and have an on demand system the pressure is just enough to raise the water from the tank to the tap.
You can join two hoses with a double male hose barb and some hose clips.
You’ll need to pull it apart and measure the bore of the hoses to get the correct fitting.
Example: Hose Pipe Connector STRAIGHT REDUCING fitting plastic barbed Fuel Water Vacuum | eBay
Example: Genuine Jubilee Hose Clips / Clamps (Worm Drive) - Stainless Steel / Mild Steel | eBay

The larger blue hose needs a jubilee clip on it just before the second smaller hose. The black part, thinner blue part and metal part you can see are the hose coming from the tap.

I think that the metallic part seen in the photo is an ear crimp securing the inner blue liner of the blue hose over the braided cover of the tap hose.
As I suggested before take it back, it’s crap, get the person / converter who sold it fix it.
Is is a simple plumbing fix if you know what to do, if not get the person responsible for the terrible handy-work do it.

I think that the metallic part seen in the photo is an ear crimp securing the inner blue liner of the blue hose over the braided cover of the tap hose.
As I suggested before take it back, it’s crap, get the person / converter who sold it fix it.
Is is a simple plumbing fix if you know what to do, if not get the person responsible for the terrible handy-work do it.
The guy is coming out to us tomorrow to sort as it’s just not good enough that it’s been bodged like this

Reactions: DXX
Did you manage to get this fixed? I’ve got a very similar set up in mine and it’s leaking. Tried to use silicone but not sealing it properly. Thanks

Looks like they have pushed a 13mm hose onto a 12mm barb. It should seal on the plastic barbs, not go all the way over the metal crimp.

Back