No water from tap.

joels

Hi, I'm after some advice from you lovely people on troubleshooting. I thought I'd rinse through the water tank (underslung) as I don't know how long the water has been in there (van was new to me in Dec) so I filled it up and now can't empty it as the tap seems to have stopped working.

It definitely did work as I'd tested it previously and although only a dribble it was working last week - I just assumed the tank was empty.

When I hit the water pump button on the control panel I can hear "something" and if I remove the water pump fuse I no longer hear it so don't think it's the fuse.

Any ideas on where to look next?
Thanks...

Airlock?
Maybe just needs longer than you are waiting for pump to fill/prime?
What have your overnight temps been? Any possibility of frost damage?

Airlock?
Maybe just needs longer than you are waiting for pump to fill/prime?
What have your overnight temps been? Any possibility of frost damage?
I have waited yes, but only a minute or two, would that be enough?

It was definitely cold (minus 2/3) last week but the tank was nearly empty - possible I suppose....

Pretty sure it will be ice damage, I just changed mine. Fitting a programmer with an immersion heater now.

It worked! I sucked and sucked like my life depended on it, heard some gargling and sucked some more - with a combo of sucking and closing the tap it finally came out - thanks!!
Not a submersible pump then. I would think it would be possible to fit a non-return valve (NRV) in the end of the suction hose to prevent the pump and suction line draining when the tank is emptied. This would only work if the pump wasn’t operated with an empty tank.

Back