Sidebars from Ashton Engineering

I guess one will still have to cut the plastic under trim to allow for the fixing bolts (which would foul the trim otherwise.)

I guess one will still have to cut the plastic under trim to allow for the fixing bolts (which would foul the trim otherwise.)
The plastics on my last van were not cut even though they had bars (OEM) fitted. Maybe these are connected the same way?

I have some but not fitted yet as still awaiting the van to arrive, quality looks really good and I can confirm the instructions to fit state no cutting of the under trays required.

I have some but not fitted yet as still awaiting the van to arrive, quality looks really good and I can confirm the instructions to fit state no cutting of the under trays required.
Same here. Haven't fitted them yet, quality is good and instructions clearly say no cutting.

Great service from Ashton Engineering, sidebars delivered next day, look very good quality. Will get them fitted once it stops pissing it down !

Got a problem, cant get the small plates to slip through the sill bodywork ? Any ideas ?

Attachments

• 20210508_164908.jpg
    20210508_164908.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 64
  • 20210508_165030.jpg
    20210508_165030.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 63
Got there in the end after a few brews, a bit of cursing and head scratching. The front is tighter than the back, you need to insert them at 45 degrees to the final parallel position.
Pleased with them otherwise and no cutting of the under trays. Quite a strong smell of adblue whilst fitting the front nearside.

Attachments

• 20210508_191023.jpg
    20210508_191023.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 106
Bought and fitted, delivery was 1 day, well packaged, clear instructions, and as they say no cutting or drilling and you can still get a jack under the jacking points.

Highly recommend and good value

Bought and fitted, delivery was 1 day, well packaged, clear instructions, and as they say no cutting or drilling and you can still get a jack under the jacking points.

Highly recommend and good value
Any issues with getting the metal tabs in the holes or was it just me ?

A little fiddly but I suppose they have to be a good fit, the main faff was the undertray removal, did take a couple of hours lying on the gravel driveway.......

I fitted these but they rattle, they are very tight but the metal they fix into slightly moves and the bracket knocks against the vehicle cill when driving.

Also they do move a little if you 'waggle' them.

Anyone has a similar experience? As it's very annoying and I can't see what I could have done wrong.

Back