Side step water collection

Foofighter25

T6 Pro
Hi all
Is it normal to have some water pour out from the bottom runner area of the side load door when it's opened after its been raining?

There’s a tundish to collect water that leaks through the sliding door handle, the non setting adhesive / sealant can fail and the rain leaks through the door.
‘Normal’ drainage from the tundish is via a hose to the bottom of the sliding door and out past the door seal.
This has already been covered on the Forum, have a Search.
You can check the tundish with the door card removed.

Been doing some investigation and it seems when I pour water on the rear quarter, it flows down and goes straight into and behind the sliding door channel. It then flows toward the start of the channel and then pours down into the bottom slide door roller area then collects in the bottom runner area. 20221024_153611.jpg20221024_153633.jpg

Been doing some investigation and it seems when I pour water on the rear quarter, it flows down and goes straight into and behind the sliding door channel. It then flows toward the start of the channel and then pours down into the bottom slide door roller area then collects in the bottom runner area. View attachment 176925
2D1131E2-A109-4686-A8B1-D1558C222C66.png
I’ve just posted similar elsewhere. I’ve recently had premature failure / disintegration of roller because of this. I think the bottom seal on the door (see photo above) shouldn’t be there- it’s blocking drainage and holding water. If you look at the cab door seals these stop at bottom, slowing water to drain out. Thoughts?

Back