Shuttle roof lights reprogram

abunnyuk

Bunny
VIP Member
T6 Pro
At the moment I have an OEM roof on my 2019 LWB shuttle. When I turn the ignition off and remove the key, I'm able to use the ceiling lights for an amount of time (something like 5-10 minutes) but then they turn off and are unusable until the key is in again.

I completely understand the purpose of this (to provide enough time/light to safely get out of the van and not kill the starter battery), but I do find the lights very useful for short periods when camping overnight.

Is possible to reprogram the roof lights so that it's possible to turn them on at any time, preferably whilst maintaining them turning off after X minutes?

At the moment I have an OEM roof on my 2019 LWB shuttle. When I turn the ignition off and remove the key, I'm able to use the ceiling lights for an amount of time (something like 5-10 minutes) but then they turn off and are unusable until the key is in again.

I completely understand the purpose of this (to provide enough time/light to safely get out of the van and not kill the starter battery), but I do find the lights very useful for short periods when camping overnight.

Is possible to reprogram the roof lights so that it's possible to turn them on at any time, preferably whilst maintaining them turning off after X minutes?
It's not possible to make them stay on indefinitely. Only way would be to use a +ve straight from the battery and not the courtesy circuit. This would no longer time out.

I think pressing any button on your key should wake up the bcm. Might be easier than putting the ignition on.

It's not possible to make them stay on indefinitely. Only way would be to use a +ve straight from the battery and not the courtesy circuit. This would no longer time out.

I think pressing any button on your key should wake up the bcm. Might be easier than putting the ignition on.

This makes sense and it was I thought would be the case albeit with hope that the comfort/courtesy setting could be disabled.

Feels like too much faff so I'll just live with it until I've decided what to do with the roof. I like the idea of keeping the venting and lights in the roof but also want good campervan options.

I'm able to use the ceiling lights for an amount of time (something like 5-10 minutes) but then they turn off and are unusable until the key is in again.
The "active" time can be extended up to 127 minutes.
Also any activity on doors (open/close) restarts the timer. However, locking the van is an immediate shut-off for the lights
BCM adaptation channel# 38.
E.g. enter value 20 → 10 mins; value 100 → 50 mins.

The "active" time can be extended up to 127 minutes.
Also any activity on doors (open/close) restarts the timer. However, locking the van is an immediate shut-off for the lights
BCM adaptation channel# 38.
E.g. enter value 20 → 10 mins; value 100 → 50 mins.

That's really useful, thank you.

Back