Shuttle Rear Air Con?

Hmmm, I’ve just bought a LWB Shuttle SE with no opening rear windows. I’m getting a bit worried now, the kids will be fighting to sit on the double seat up front. Having all that space in the back was meant to avoid them fighting to sit in the front!!

If you have an SE, do you have climatronic fitted? If you do, it will have aircon in the rear. Climatronic controls look like this...

20200122_192059.jpg

Morning all, I've got the SE shuttle with the dual zone climatronic controls, 2 refrigerant metal pipes underneath and the 2 rubber hoses coming through the wheel arch so definitely have full blown rear AC. My personal view is the rear air con is well worth keeping, definitely takes a while to kick in compared to the front cab (both hot and cold) but once it's flowing it's performance is good. I'm in the process of relocated my vents (already sorted the electrics) so it blows out through my furniture and noticed how alarmingly hot the rubber pipes get. I just wanted to check this was normal? Seems like a dumb question given the pipes are hot water flow and return but they seems to get piping hot almost instantly regardless of weather I'm calling for cold or hot in the rear.

@saintclarkey1 have you any pics of how you hooked it all up to blow through the furnature ?? Doing the same myself over the weekend. Planning to keep the keep control panel and add it to the side of my furnature too. Cheers and il let you know if my pipe gets as warm as you describe ;)

Hope this helps, basically I kept use of the high and low level ducts and left the control unit out of sight (so kids couldn't fiddle with it). I'm on a new van now so can't show any more photos I'm afraid and this is all I have. The key things I had to buy were 3d printed adapters that fitted to the air con unit and allowed the ducting to connect nicely. I did some tidying up of cables afterwards but don't ha e any photos of this.

Back