Show Us Your Road Bikes

My original post was an attempt at humour under the assumption this was an inclusive forum.
Yeah i got that mate, its all good :thumbsup:
Just wanted to keep these whiners happy, typical roadies its all me me me but us motorbiking MTBers are a lot more laid back

Got one of those MTB’s as well, just find them hard work at my age.

Quite fancy one of these too;

Here’s ours on the Algarve a few weeks ago when we were touring round in our T6 camper being dwarfed by all the huge and I really do mean huge motorhomes. Very few campervans around in Feb/March. Wife’s full carbon Bianchi and my alu framed one. Next time though I think we would take mountain bikes as more versatile on boardwalks, rough tracks etc especially around Cabo de Gato. Although Sue has expressed an interest in an electric bike. The Cube hybrids look like a possibility.

988C5D15-4B6A-4D0A-A834-37403616FA2F.jpeg

Not the best pictures but....

The winter bike is the one hanging near the back door and getting used outside. It's a 2011 CAAD 10 with 11 speed 105 groupset, Hunt aero race wide wheels, Hutchinson 25mm performance tubeless tyres and race blade long mudguards.

IMG_0717.JPG

The summer bike is currently on the turbo and getting used inside. It's a 2016 CAAD 12 with 11 speed Ultegra, Reynolds Assault wheels and Hutchinson galactik tubeless tyres.

IMG_0716.JPG

Not picture @Scott Munro, I used to do some Tri's myself.
I did a few sprints from 2011-2014 and then did Wimbleball 70.3 in 2015, but just been cycling since then.

Good stuff @Chopman Its normally the Ironman's I do although just two half's this year as I decided to enter my wife into Ironman Zurich!! its her first full distance so thought I had better let her get all the training time in, luckily she is still speaking to me :thumbsup: well for now anyway.

It sounds like you've got enough experience to help her.
I got my pacing okay, but got my nutrition wrong. I probably ate too much on the bike and then had a very uncomfortable run with stomach cramps and toilet stops.

Been there done that, its not a nice experience!!:sick: Knowing what your body can take in during exercise is a tricky thing and like you say sometimes you don't realise you have done something wrong until your on the run which by that point its too late and you just have to shuffle on to the finish. :cry:

My apologies, I will cease to trespass.

My original post was an attempt at humour under the assumption this was an inclusive forum.

Didn't mean to cause offence, I personally found it a tad confusing as the thread was a mixture of two topics, one is a topic I have an active interest in and one that I appreciate but not at a hobby level. I just thought it may be easier to split them up. I did get the initial nudge at humor :thumbsup:

Triathlon is my thing so its a Tri bike for me, sorry but I couldn't find and pictures of just the bike so this is me on my trusty steed during a race last summer. Love that bike.
View attachment 19233

I fell in love with this beast when I was in Switzerland last year, then realised I could buy it in the UK for half the price of the country that actually manufactures them! Still look at it with great admiration though, and if anything could tempt me off a German built bike, it would be a Swiss built one.

20160826_104924.jpg

Anyone recommend an entry level road bike?

A mate of mine just purchased a nice Giant as a first bike. It wasn't daft money, came with full Ultrgra group-set, and actually rides really nice, but I guess it's always down to budget.
I got hold of a second hand Focus from Gumtree when I started, and paid around £500, then fell in love with the hobby and went out and purchased a new Focus for £2500, and spent a further £3000 getting it how I wanted it.
Then my wife found out, and now I have no man parts. :(

Back