Show Us Your Motorbikes

I’m bored, I’d finished redecorating the front of the house, so yesterday was drag the Ducati out to the garden for a monthly ‘winter’ run to keep engine belts and everything nicely lubed.

For those with an interest, it’s a Ducati 996R, 2001. The R is the expensive bit- it denotes a limited numbers bike made for homologation purposes.
In my humble opinion, the 916, of which this is a variant, is one of the most atheistically pleasing motorcycle designs ever. This version takes that design and provides it with the oomph to match the looks.

Described at the time as the road-legal version of the bike that won the 2001 Superbike World Championship. It’s totally original save the addition of a rear hugger.

Hand built sand cast Testrasetta engine with Ti internals, all carbon fibre bodywork, full Ti exhaust system which sounds awesome.

Here’s it running on an earlier occasion.

And here is where it lives mostly..
After all, works of art should not be hidden away, but put on display.

E9A5DD2A-C5E1-4791-AF3C-B8A04B4F81C9.jpeg

Boredom continues..
Here’s a machine that I’d owned for 7/8 years, but only ‘sympathetically’ restored last year. Sadly I sold it just before Christmas.

It’s a Moto Guzzi Le Mans, mark 2. The earlier first series version, often wrongly referred to as the mark 1, was a real pretty game changing bike. The mark 2 was almost mechanically identical, but with revised bodywork. The first series is very sought after and therefore commands a premium.

As a consequence, many mk2’s were converted to look like series 1 bikes. Subsequently there are now not too many Mk2 bikes left that are in original condition.

This particular Guzzi..
There is much discussion in Guzzista circles about the Black and Gold Mk2 Moto Guzzi Le Mans.
But suffice to say that it’s a factory supported dealer limited edition.

So. Earring in mind that original Mk2 bikes are uncommon, therefore, IMHO, original spec, limited run Black and Gold Mk2 bikes are even rarer.

Enough rambling.. here it is

and here is the original poster for it..

A3B6215B-66A3-467D-AF06-3B7991A76FDC.jpeg

Last edited:
Back