Serious Power Upgrades

JordanGT

VIP Member
So I have seen a video of a T5 with the Audi V8 under the bonnet.
Wandering if there is anyone out there that has a similar conversion to make the T6 really move.
I used to have an RS3 before it was stolen so really miss my power bursts, but love to drive the T6.

Have a look on YouTube,

There are loads of nutty T5/T6 upgrades....... not sure if there are any T6F members with that mod.

Revo ECM maps are popular...

What map you running?

What's it like?

Remapped stage 1 tsi will give 300hp
Stage 3 is good for around 360hp
No problematic engine swap needed.

but a v8 is always very nice.

I miss that big power too does anyone know what you can get out of a 150 dsg?. Nothing silly as it's my work horse but more power means I'll get to my jobs faster

I have a Hybrid turbo made by Turbozentrum in Germany it cost 1000 Euro. 200% plug and play. you don't need to modify anything to instal it.
They modified the OEM turbo that I then instal back. took 7 hour to remove/instal.
I'm also running a Wagner IC and guted cat down pipe ( cheaper easy way to get same power as a 3" downpipes) Scorpion resonated exhaust 2.75"
Home made intake box that gave me an extra 12 G/s MAF reading on VCDS
At the moment according to my MAF reading with VCDS I should be close to 385HP and 405lb-ft but tuning is not finished.
Spool is about same as OEM. I did not want to go TTE450 Oem hybrid turbo because of the bad spool.
My Van is T6 TSI 4motion DSG ( DQ500 same as RS3) so it can handle a lot of torque down low.
I will post dyno plot as soon as my tuner can finalise the tuning for that OEM hybrid Turbo.
But at the moment with C-19 everything is on hold.

My dream would be a DAZA/DWNA ( new RS3) engine. light aluminum engine that will not kill handling, plug and play connection with our DSG DQ500, beautiful sound and 620hp on stage 2 with E85 MRC tune.
KSF MOTORSPORT

But the Hybride turbo option ( Turbozentrum, TTE450, TTH400.....) are really best $/HP ratio and super easy to install.
I wish Litco did a hybrid for the the T6 TSI with their ball bearing upgrade for IHI JH5 turbo.

Ps: I think that the 300hp stage 1 that Pendle and REVO claim are just impossible! just plug your VCDS and Log your MAF then make the math. You will see what I mean.
Oem 204hp T6 TSI out of factory as max MAF at around 155G/s
I asked the owner of a "34X Hp" pendle stage2 T6 TSI to log is MAF he was very nice to do it he was at max 218g/s.
218 G/s is good number for a stage 2 EA888.2 but Very very very far from 34X Hp claimed even if it had 100° of advanced timing :) .
Assuming their is more timing than oem on it ( something like 13-15°) you would need close to 250G/s of MAF for 340Hp. Since that I lost any trust in Pendle number and I see that REVO just copy every time the number's from Pendle and never back it up with a Dyno with before and after tune.

Invoice of hybrid turbo from turbozentrum.

Capture 2020-03-25 à 10.53.47.jpg

Last edited:
Having owned the 400hp RS3, before she was rudely taken off my drive way.
This would be a lovely addition, wander if anyone trying such a transplant.

MTR Germany ( not MTM) was about to do one but no news since.
On their FB post it says:
"We will find this genration of engines in the future in the 6th generation VW Transporter "
You can see on this FB post
VW Golf MK7 2.5TFSI DAZA TTE 7xx

@Mars2 Have you got any pics of your Air intake box?

How easy was it to do it yourself?

im looking to do it but dont know where to start lol.

Back