surge of power

pabster15

Hi all,
Picked up a T6 18 plate a few weeks ago, unfortunately we needed to have the flywheel and clutch done straight away so it's done. Would like some opinions on my other concerns. Apparently my van has had a stage 1 remapping done and yes it goes very well when I floor it, but under 2k revs and just slowly moving along I have a very small surge of power !! And its a little juddery up and down the Box at low revs , but I put my foot down and the turbo kicks in and all the power is there with no missing... It's not extremely bad but it's annoying and I have driven a mates and noticeably different!! Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Pp.

Hi all,
Picked up a T6 18 plate a few weeks ago, unfortunately we needed to have the flywheel and clutch done straight away so it's done. Would like some opinions on my other concerns. Apparently my van has had a stage 1 remapping done and yes it goes very well when I floor it, but under 2k revs and just slowly moving along I have a very small surge of power !! And its a little juddery up and down the Box at low revs , but I put my foot down and the turbo kicks in and all the power is there with no missing... It's not extremely bad but it's annoying and I have driven a mates and noticeably different!! Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Pp.
Also, do you experience the fan staying on for about 2min after the engine is turned off ? Feels hot but the temperature gauge is fine.

Also, do you experience the fan staying on for about 2min after the engine is turned off ? Feels hot but the temperature gauge is fine.

The fan staying on after you've switched the engine off is entirely normal, it's probably part way through a DPF regeneration. Nothing to worry about.

Back