Seperate tank for diesel heater?

j4ckal

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Just wondering if anyone runs a separate tank (rather than connecting to the main fuel tank) for a diesel heater (ie. Eberspacher etc)?
If so where have you located the tank and any issues?

I'm wanting ro mount the heater in the factory position under chassis (drivers side).

Cheers!

I don’t have a separate tank but I did seriously think about it when I was planning my install. In the end I decided just to drop the van tank to save having to find a place for a separate tank.

If you are worried about dropping the tank yourself then have a chat with Dale at Kirknalls in Chesterfield as he does a fitted package.

I don’t have a separate tank but I did seriously think about it when I was planning my install. In the end I decided just to drop the van tank to save having to find a place for a separate tank.

If you are worried about dropping the tank yourself then have a chat with Dale at Kirknalls in Chesterfield as he does a fitted package.

Nice one cheers, it was something I wanted to attempt myself but nice to have a name incase I don't.

I think I'd have a go at dropping the tank myself, that's not the main issue, its because mines petrol and the petrol heaters seem quite pricy. Was thinking of picking a cheaper diesel one up and running it off a separate tank, just got to remember to keep filling it up :)

My lads pal Matt has a T5 camper and recently fitted a chinese heater. He used a separate tank but found the supplied tank was way too big, he bought a slim one off ebay and fitted it between the wardrobe and the offside barn door. The small tank lasts him at least a week. He's very happy with the system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice one cheers, it was something I wanted to attempt myself but nice to have a name incase I don't.

I think I'd have a go at dropping the tank myself, that's not the main issue, its because mines petrol and the petrol heaters seem quite pricy. Was thinking of picking a cheaper diesel one up and running it off a separate tank, just got to remember to keep filling it up :)

https://www.t6forum.com/threads/tsi-owners-petrol-webasto-air-top-3900-evo-3-9kw-heater.26298/

The down side to internal fuel tank is filling without spilling any.. a U Tuber did just that spilt fuel inside it ran under the floor and behind cupboards ... even dripples wiped up would stink the van out ... so it's worth considering and petrol is cheaper than diesel...

I've lowered the tank and fitted a dip tube on four T5/T6s with the vehicle on the roadside outside home with only camping type levelling ramps, trolley jack and axle stands. It's not difficult if you are reasonably fit and dexterous.

Back