Selling A Caravan.

PipeMonkey

Plumber
VIP Member
T6 Pro
Where’s the best place to advertise?
There are simply hundreds on EBay but is that worth a bash? Any other places to try?
I know it’s probably the wrong time of year to sell, but maybe worth a punt.
Cheers

It's actually not a bad time to sell a Caravan.
The end of a season is when many private buyers are hunting a bargain in this industry. As for where to list it, i'm not sure, but i've just put a Motorhome on Gumtree to test the waters before I go full on advertising, and there's been the usual messers and agents, but if you word it right, you can actually skim through the idiots quite easily. Next stop for me will be eBay if I don't get any luck on Gumtree.

It's actually not a bad time to sell a Caravan.
The end of a season is when many private buyers are hunting a bargain in this industry. As for where to list it, i'm not sure, but i've just put a Motorhome on Gumtree to test the waters before I go full on advertising, and there's been the usual messers and agents, but if you word it right, you can actually skim through the idiots quite easily. Next stop for me will be eBay if I don't get any luck on Gumtree.

Ohhh, what you going for now?

Sold 2 of ours on caravan finder.
Excellent experience both times.

I spoke to one of my customers today who'd recently sold his Caravan. He tried Caravan Finder and had no luck, so advertised on AutoTrader and sold within 24hrs.
I guess it depends on the Caravan and the price.

Somebody at the storage yard where I keep mine told me they sold there's quickly on gumtree. It worked for me too

Always PXed mine but have bees selling some stuff on Gumtree like an awning with sucsess ps you don't pay sellers fees either, I got cash from aguy with a T5

I do like Gumtree, but my goodness am I getting some daft questions about the Motorhome i'm selling. :eek:
It's listed as a 2011 Fiat Ducato Burstner T720 with 20k and a huge very detailed write up.

Questions from separate people:
What Reg is it? (there's several pictures showing the Reg)
What make and model is it?
Does it have power steering? :confused:
Does it have 'Pneumatic rear suspension'? (that one got me)
Will you swap it for a 2004 Hymer Motorhome?
How far does the reversing camera show? (How on earth do you even answer that one) I tried to be funny and told them it will reach as far as you want it to if you keep going backwards, but they didn't find that funny.

I'm well aware that most of these questions are not from genuine buyers, but Gumtree does attract a certain type of person. Thankfully i'm quiet with work now, and this process of eliminating the messers from the genuine is currently quite entertaining, but i'm sure I will start to get fed up with it soon.

Holy Crap @PipeMonkey, I don't know how the sale of your Caravan is going, but if it's anything like the sale of the Motorhome I have, you must be on the verge of setting fire to the Caravan :mad:

Who'd of known there are so many people with no lives and so much spare time on their hands. I've lost count of the amount of times i've been asked if the Motorhome's still for sale, to then reply with a Yes, and then nothing. Plus the amount of people asking "how much for cash" as if in this world I want potentially £30k of cash in my house, or to sit and count, or to confirm if it's actually real.
I've moved onto eBay now, which is no better for common sense buyers, but the worst is a Motorhome sales page on FB. Sheesh, I swear people on there are lonely and just want to chat.

Holy Crap @PipeMonkey, I don't know how the sale of your Caravan is going, but if it's anything like the sale of the Motorhome I have, you must be on the verge of setting fire to the Caravan :mad:

Who'd of known there are so many people with no lives and so much spare time on their hands. I've lost count of the amount of times i've been asked if the Motorhome's still for sale, to then reply with a Yes, and then nothing. Plus the amount of people asking "how much for cash" as if in this world I want potentially £30k of cash in my house, or to sit and count, or to confirm if it's actually real.
I've moved onto eBay now, which is no better for common sense buyers, but the worst is a Motorhome sales page on FB. Sheesh, I swear people on there are lonely and just want to chat.

It’s in storage, all tucked up after a seasons racing.
Done all the photos but not advertised yet.
Wherever I look there are absolutely loads for sale.
Looking back I sold the last one on eBay, will give it a go when I get a few minutes to sort the ad.

@Tourershine do you not have any contacts where you could place your motorhome on their lot/forecourt??
I have a good mate who always sells my cars, puts them on his forecourt and deducts his bit when they go. Works well for me.

It’s in storage, all tucked up after a seasons racing.
Done all the photos but not advertised yet.
Wherever I look there are absolutely loads for sale.
Looking back I sold the last one on eBay, will give it a go when I get a few minutes to sort the ad.

@Tourershine do you not have any contacts where you could place your motorhome on their lot/forecourt??
I have a good mate who always sells my cars, puts them on his forecourt and deducts his bit when they go. Works well for me.

Yes, my Motorhome supplier is a friend and he offered a while ago to take it as a sale or return, however it's now sold :mexican wave:

I was in the process yesterday of removing all the adverts because I woke every morning to loads of stupid questions from people clearly not in a position to buy, when an offer popped up on eBay from a Motorhome dealer in Manchester.
His offer was actually very close to the asking price, so I excepted and spoke to him, and he's driving down and collecting it tomorrow morning thank goodness.

Back