Rubber Grommets for Dometic Cooker - UK sellers want too much!

RunDSG

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Do you know what I’m talking about? Those two little rubber grommets that secure the rack on the Dometic cooker? Mine lasted about 6 weeks from new before disintegrating. Maybe it was vigorous cleaning from the missus, but more likely poor quality rubber just not up to the job.

I tried to find replacements online… when advertised specifically for Dometic, prices are mental… £20 from Jackson Leisure for 8 grommets, £27 on Amazon for 8 grommets, £7 on eBay for 2 grommets!

Found this forum (obviously rubbish compared to T6Forum) where someone says these little rubber grommets are the most frequently nicked item off of display vans!

So… what about grommets not specific to Dometic? These can be found on eBay and Amazon. It’s a bit of a minefield for shapes and sizes.

I’ve come here to share this with you.

AliExpress
is the best option. £2.85 for 10 grommets. They feel firmer and more robust, and they are rated for -40 to 250 degrees Celsius. The fit perfectly and the rack is much more firmly placed than before. Note: Shipping will not be as quick. Mine took two weeks.

I’ve gone through all the faff of measuring. Get this ’number 7’ grommet from this link. (Maybe check yours are the same as mine…)

Oh, and while you’re on AliExpress, consider an edsoscopic camera! For a tenner you can get a bendable, dual-lens, USB-C camera. It’s bloody cool. I’ve been using it to diagnose and sort out a leaky upstairs drain, and this will be invaluable for a range of van DIY jobs. Worth a lot more than £10! Thinking about those wiring jobs… running that long-ass wire to the rear camera for the dash-cam….

Hope this helps someone!

IMG_6395.jpeg

IMG_9428.jpeg

IMG_8743.jpeg

Back