Securing Mtb’s ? Delta Bike Hitch Pro.

simonnwt6

T6 Pro
Looking at bolting a few Delta Bike Hitch Pro to a piece of wood that I can put in and out of the van.

Anyone done the same with any pointers?

Carabiners to tie down point to secure wood? Or something more fancy out there?

Thanks much

S

image.jpeg Check out Fortywinks rack. It uses the delta brackets.
Wife bought me one for Xmas.
Took 10 mins to fit and looks awesome.
Tested it yesterday on a trip to Bike Park Wales.
Highly recommended.

I just found that! Looks great!

do you need to remove the tie down hoops?

Just the bolts. The hoops are still in place but under the rack.
The red "toggles" (not sure what you call them) replace the bolts so you can take it in and out easily if needed, but I just leave mine in place

The only issue with that rack is that it doesn’t sit far enough back. A bit of 18mm ply gives you much more flexibility, and is probably a fair bit cheaper, and allows me to fit my large jeffsy in with the rear seat in place. It’s all bolted down with M10’s so not going anywhere. This is a mid progress photo

7DD6CC13-19FE-46C1-A50B-6EBD418D2427.jpeg

If I fold the single rear seat forward I can get my XL size MTB in without removing the rear wheel (my Kombi is SWB) In fact, the rear wheel sits perfectly next to the tie down point so I can secure it to it with a cam strap, holding the bike firm.

Last edited:
I know this looks very basic compared to other set ups but I made this frame to carry two bikes and added a ply base to catch all the mud and cack. If you have a carpet in the back the ply base grips onto that so it doesn't move at all when travelling. Just take it out and tip it upside down to remove the fallen off debris. You'll note a couple of re-usable cable ties to keep the back wheel in one place although I don't think they need to do a great deal.

DSC_0291[1].JPG

Some nice solutions here. I'm looking to utilise my tie-down anchor points to do something similar.
Did the M10 bolts need to be cut to size?

M10 bolts replace the existing spline head bolts that bolt down the lashing points, so you can still use the lashing points. I’ve used 70mm bolts with 9.5mm spacers between the lashing points and ply

Major win today, installed/bolted a spare piece of MDF board I had knocking around it was the exact width so it was meant to be. Still work in progress as I'll need to spray and treat etc.
Even managed to install an internal tailgate bypass switch whilst I was at it :)

Back