Seat Height Adjustment - aftermarket seats?

Gus_T6_Bus

Hi All,

First post - go easy! I’ve bought T6 conversion (formerly a shuttle) and have a question about front seat height adjustment. We have 2 captains chair type seats (saying that as they have a single outside arm not both sides - does this seat type have a different name or is it still captains chair?). These have rounded headrest shape, and have a label underneath we showing ‘VW VP4’.

The drivers seat have a plastic height adjustment lever on the inside of the base and at its lowest setting is spot on.

The passenger seat does not have the same lever fitted and is not adjustable. It seems to be fixed at the highest height setting and my question is: can this height be manually lowered? Or alternatively can a height adjuster mechanism be retro fitted to the seat to make it adjustable?

For reference both chairs have swivel bases, I don’t know the brand but they operate from an identical lever to the driver height adjuster set on the outside of both seats in the plastic side trim of the seat base on the outside of the seat (opposite to height adjuster).

Can anyone help! The seats are comfy it’s just the passenger feels very high up!

I know an alternative would be to fit a lowered base, but that feels like a plan B.

Thanks in advance!

Jon

C9BFD4B1-8E72-4636-A38B-0E108187FB6A.jpeg

Yeah I’m starting to think that following a bit more research from the label. This suggests they might be from a Sharan/Galaxy.

Back